Raiders

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Raiders » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:26 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
I stink! John,

Maybe next year you won't put all of you stock in David Buehler! :eek: :D :eek:

Wayne
[/QUOTE]:D I still own you from that bet.

Raiders

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:29 am

Donny your still headed in the wrong direction.

NFFC PTS
trenDC 1,124.7
Behind the Woodshed BWAZZ 1,096.8
Coltsfan DC 1,095.8
Kapefear 1,059.6
Team Gerczak 1,051.9
Team Moyer 1,051.0
Hammerheads 1,046.5
Sabretooth 1,024.3
Route C 999.1
Team Morgan 986.7
Team Reuss 965.4
JerseyYO 900.1
Team Benetti 897.8
MONEY INCORPORATED 830.8

Raiders

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 am

Is this League a 7 week season? Or 16 weeks? Just want to know when I need to turn it on?

Coltsfan

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Is this League a 7 week season? Or 16 weeks? Just want to know when I need to turn it on? John,

I would think that you would be hoping for a 7 week season just to make the pain go away! :D Actually your team is doing better than I thought it might. If DAvid Buehler can win the Dallas job and then go on a 15 field goal/week kicking spree you will be right there.

Wayne

BillyWaz

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 am

What are the payouts for this league???

Raiders

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:31 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
What are the payouts for this league??? Wayne has all the money so:

1st place=1,750.00 Wayne takes his 1,750.00 chop.

Good Question, what's the break down?

Wayne, my team always gets better as the season goes on. I will pass You by season end.

Raiders

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:40 am

Originally posted by Route C:
I'm going to send out the list of e-mails today.

I talked with Rob for 1 1/2 hours last night and we are ready to rock and roll. Rob has volunteered to handle the KDS for us and do a nice spreadsheet that we can use going forward.

This would be no easy task for me so thanks Rob...you're always a great help.

OK you guys asked for rules and we've made this as simple as we possibly can but really..these ARE the rules going forward. No more changes unless we missed something of importance that you guys notice.

This league will be the ultimate clash of prognosticators. With no idea who will be traded..which rookies will go where and in some cases who the head coach will be...it's your job to figure all this out before it happens.

This will not be like any league you've ever done before so be careful not to draw comparisons.

Here's the skinny:

-Draft starts midnight Feb.2 after the SB

-Cost is $125 per team. We shouldn't be billed until sometime this summer and since we're handling the draft ourselves I think Greg said the fee for stats to run the league is $200.

-1st place will win $1425
-2nd place will win $125

KDS will be once only. (I'll address this later)

-We will draft on a 24 hour clock with a maximum of 4 rounds per month. Each month the draft will start up again at midnight the 2nd to keep it consistant. The final month of August will consist of 2 rounds as well as supplemental draft picks.

-roster size...26 players

-All scoring will bee NFFC..no changes there.

-At any time during the draft you may select "rookie" befrore the NFL draft is held in late April. We will keep a running list of those who chose "rookie and we will start our May portion of the draft with those who have "rookie" picks. In that order you will reveal your "rookie" pick which will be added to your roster. Once all rookie picks have been filled in we will resume the draft as normal.

-After the July portion of the draft is complete any owner may drop up to 2 players and be part of a supplemental draft to be held after our final 2 rounds are complete in August. You will proceed in your normal draft order to make thes picks until your roster is complete (26 players).
Some owners may drop 1 player while others may drop 2 or no one.

Did I miss anything?

As I mentioned earlier Rob and I banged thoughts around for a good while last night and honestly guys....doing KDS is a big enough job to do once...let alone every month. As I told Wayne on Sunday, we will have drafted 8 rounds before April even gets here. Guys like Grant and Ward won't even be available after that.
Part of your strategy will be based on your own educated guesses.

Maybe Ward will get traded and become a starter.

Maybe LT is gone and the Chargers draft Moreno. Make your picks based on that and you're right...you're a genius. You see what I'm getting at fellas. This is unlike any other draft. I don't believe the person with the 14 slot who will start every month with the 1st pick has any advantage at all. Especially after March and 8 rounds are in the books.
We may only have a few days between picks anyway. Besides....news will happen no matter what and if it's significant and it's your pick...you just won the prize. News won't break just before our draft picks up again every month.
For all thes reasons Rob and I prefer to keep this simple.

Finally....send your final KDS to Robs e-mail ([email protected]) by 5PM EST on Thursday and he will work on them Thursday after dinner. Send them even if you've already sent them to me or Tom. We will not be forwarding any KDS previously sent to us.
Make sure to tell Rob you appreciate his efforts. For those of you who haven't met him, he's really an outstanding human being.....and a great FF player.

Thanks everyone for participating. I look forward to our conversations going forward. I will send an e-mail to everyone with the draft order. Everyone will be copied to the e-mail so after every pick hit "reply all" and move to the next pick. Very important you remember this because if you just hit "reply" only one person will see it.

;) Is this the payout?

1=1,425
2=125

?????

Coltsfan

A very slow 2009 draft

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 am

John,

I believe that is the correct payout.

Wayne