Need advice from FF buddies

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:14 am

Sorry to post this here but I was concerned about getting buried and this forum is rarely used.

I need some insight from anyone who has experience or knowledge in fundraising. as alot of you know I took my 1st mission trip to El Salvador in 2008 and it was very life changing.

I want to go back next summer as well as doing a mission trip to Kenya Africa. I'm a big kid lover and that is what draws me I suppose.

Anyway..the El Salvador trip is about $1750 and I'm hearing that the trip to Kenya is almost 3K.

I've paid my own way my whole life so I have zero experience in this. I will do my best to earn the $$$ and pay my own way but I'm looking for alternative suggestions just in case.

Of course I will put any FF winnings I may get toward the trip but there are no guarantees as you all know.

I was hoping with the good MB activity I might get lucky and pick up some knowledge from someone in the know.

Thanks in advance for your responses and just to be clear...this is in no way a cheap attempt to raise $$$ from the MB community. I'm not asking for that but hopefully a good idea or two.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Jeff, this may be small potatoes, but I've been in many Superbowl Pools that were also fundraisers for kids baseball travel/tournament teams...

Here's how its run:

You label it "80/20 Fundraiser Superbowl Pool". $50 entry per box. Explain to everyone that 20 percent goes towards your cause, and no vig or tip is necessary.

You'll make $1000 towards your trip.

I would explain what your trip involves, so anyone who doesn't know you well can understand that its for a good cause and not a trip to Hawaii.

Your prizes would be:

1st Quarter: $500
Halftime: $1000
3rd Quarter: $500
Final: $2000

People LOVE SuperBowl Pools. And most people tip around 20 percent anyway. A good cause is all people need to enter any Superbowl Pool.

Hope this helps. If you do this, count me in for 2 boxes.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:27 am

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 am

Jeff, I think you pretty much have to beg. I've known several people that have gone on mission trips and most of them have sent out fundraising letters to their friends and family explaining the purpose of the trip and how they can help out(primarily prayer and secondarily financial support). Put me on your list and I will chip in a few bucks. Lee Ann and I will keep this in our prayers.

Jim Wiseheart
222 Spickert Knob Rd.
New Albany, IN 47150

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 am

Originally posted by FF Addict:
Jeff, I think you pretty much have to beg. I've known several people that have gone on mission trips and most of them have sent out fundraising letters to their friends and family explaining the purpose of the trip and how they can help out(primarily prayer and secondarily financial support). Put me on your list and I will chip in a few bucks. Lee Ann and I will keep this in our prayers.

Jim Wiseheart
222 Spickert Knob Rd.
New Albany, IN 47150 Nice one Jim - 'Spickert Knob' - at least make it believable.

Bob Swallows
400 Largo Ct
Evansville, IN 47712
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:26 am

Couldn't make that one up Bob. Largo Ct. sounds pretty believable too. It's been good to see you on the boards this year. Good luck the rest of the season.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Hey guys....sorry I didn't see these posts. I gotta tell you I am overwhelmed at the willingness of my FF buds to be a part of this. I promised Greg I wouldn't get on the MB and beg for money but for those who have contacted me on your own I'll give you some info and if you want to get involved that would be awesome.

The mission I work with in El Salvador is Kings Castle Ministries. You can google the web site if you want. I'm having any contribution checks made out to Lakeview Church on my behalf. It's cool because they handle all the finances which is a nice check and balance when people are donating. You can also google lakeview church indianapolis if you want to check that out.

My address is:

Jeff Clampitt
3358 Rockingham Way
Plainfield, In 46168

I'm going to make sure all of my extended NFFC family has access to pics and stories from the trip. I mentioned all of your generosity to Greg and am hoping he will do a story for the 2nd mag.
Maybe he can get Fanball to be a sponsor too! :D

Thanks again to all of you who have approached me with a desire to help. You are awesome people as well as fellow FF die hards.