The software - Please be honest

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Greg, will be able to move our current slow draft over by thursday or friday?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, will be able to move our current slow draft over by thursday or friday? Kevin, I didn't want to respond until testing out the draft software today. Functionally it's working well, but there is a list of items that still need to be corrected, things that would affect the results of any draft we moved there. John's team is making those changes now and obviously we'll need to test it some more. I know it's not the response everyone wanted to hear, but we are closer to having this done.

There's no way we can unveil this over the weekend without a full tech support team ready to help. Keep going on your current draft and let's pick a date where you think folks can get together to put the actual picks into the new system. Any date Wednesday or later will work. Then everyone can make their actual picks and see how functionally the site will work. And if you finish the draft on our site, that's fine too.

Is that okay? I wish we had it done today, but first part of next week all of the kinks will be ironed out and we'll be ready to go. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I suppose you guys are still tied up with bigger problems, but I do have a smaller suggestion for the football league website. The old FB site showed you how many $$ you had left right on the free agent page while browsing and bidding for free agents. I found that handy. The NFBC site does not show that information on that page. Just my 2 cents.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 am

Daren, there is a Team Finances link on your NFBC team page which shows how much every team in your league has left with FAAB. I'll have to check but I'm assuming that will be part of the NFFC team page as well.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:49 am

Originally posted by Daren E:
I suppose you guys are still tied up with bigger problems, but I do have a smaller suggestion for the football league website. The old FB site showed you how many $$ you had left right on the free agent page while browsing and bidding for free agents. I found that handy. The NFBC site does not show that information on that page. Just my 2 cents. Daren, the NFBC does have a Remaining Free Agent tab on the Free Agents link and I'm sure we'll keep that on there for football. Remaining FAAB for baseball is in the upper right hand corner on each free agent page for each of your teams. I also think we have a full remaining FAAB list on your NFFC League Home Page under Standings. So I think we have this covered, but great suggestion.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 am

Just a heads up that the NFFC commissioner product is done and teams will have access to all of the game links once their rosters are loaded. Tonight's online drafts will be loaded shortly after they are done into the commissioner product and owners will be able to manage their teams by clicking on the blue Select button next to those teams. There they will see the full navigational bar with all of the tools they will need during the season. As you can see, we have a few more tools this year and we'll add a few more shortly.

The goal is to give everyone a look at this back-end software even before your drafts are complete. That would allow those who are still on the fence about the NFFC to make their own opinions on the finished product. I'll post something here when that is set up. Thanks all.