Live Scoring in Draft Champion Leagues

jrubenstein

Post by jrubenstein » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:13 am

Is there any way that scores can adjust in real-time as optimal lineups change over the course of the day. As the year ends, I find that I want to see other team's scores to see where I stand. As an example, I still "start" Nick Kaeding every week and this doesn't change until Monday. Other sites have done this, so it should be possible...

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Originally posted by jrubenstein:
Is there any way that scores can adjust in real-time as optimal lineups change over the course of the day. As the year ends, I find that I want to see other team's scores to see where I stand. As an example, I still "start" Nick Kaeding every week and this doesn't change until Monday. Other sites have done this, so it should be possible... We have been asking for this for years.... :mad:

Wayne

Money

Post by Money » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by jrubenstein:
Is there any way that scores can adjust in real-time as optimal lineups change over the course of the day. As the year ends, I find that I want to see other team's scores to see where I stand. As an example, I still "start" Nick Kaeding every week and this doesn't change until Monday. Other sites have done this, so it should be possible... We have been asking for this for years.... :mad:

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Possibly the only way to get it changed / right is to stop playing the slow drafts.
Joe

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Joe,

I haven't posted it yet but there is no way I'm playing any DC's next year without live scoring updated in real time.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:23 am

Originally posted by jrubenstein:
Is there any way that scores can adjust in real-time as optimal lineups change over the course of the day. As the year ends, I find that I want to see other team's scores to see where I stand. As an example, I still "start" Nick Kaeding every week and this doesn't change until Monday. Other sites have done this, so it should be possible... It is something we can add to our To-Do List for 2012. I'll ask IT about it. We have never had Live Scoring for the Draft Champions format, but if others are doing it then it's definitely something we need to look into. Our main concern this year after moving from Fanball was getting the current software up and running and getting everything running smoothly. This request for live DC scoring will definitely involve off-season programming to do this right.

I agree that with all of the Slow Drafts we are doing and our hope to grow the Draft Champions format that this is something we need to look at. Everyone loves live scoring, so let me talk with the IT department and see what we can do for 2012.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:36 am

The problem is that you have made posts almost exactly like this one several times before. I know that there have been a lot of bigger fish to fry with fanball and now moving to stats but this needs to be at the top of the list moving forward. I love doing DC's but I won't do them here without living scoring. It just zaps the fun right out of it. I created an excel sheet in about 2 hours that i have used the past 3 years to update my team scores. The only problem is that I have to enter each players scores into the spreadsheet which take quite a bit of time. If I can create something in 2 hours then I"m sure the programmers can do it in almost no time.

Wayne