13. Sal Vella -- Staten Island, NY
14. Karl Zachman -- Boomsburg, PA
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Jersey Dawg

New York League 4

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:44 am

Pick Number 1... Come on guys, couldn't you do better than that for me??? All kidding aside, I love that pick. Who was the best kicker again???

Pete

Jersey Dawg

New York League 4

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:28 am

Very quiet league... I don't like that. It's the quiet ones who scare me and right now there are 13 quiet ones in this league.... The silence is deafening....

Pete

Jersey Dawg

New York League 4

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:03 pm

First pick hint... unless he breaks a leg or something like that.... He's a RB from west of the Mississippi... Still too quiet on this board... I don't like that at all....

Pete

Jersey Dawg

New York League 4

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:39 pm

Nice drafting everyone... I hate pick one more than ever now that I saw 20 RB's go off the board before I got to make my 2nd pcik....

Pete

MGB MARTY

New York League 4

Post by MGB MARTY » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:23 am

Hey Pete
Had 8th pick was happy when Moss went 7th then played conservative with James vs Jamal Our league is too quiet My 1st 3 picks were James Westbrook Staley wanted 3 rbs Moulds Mcarins then the key to my team Winslow hoping for 700 yds 8-10 tds since Garcias line is so bad wont have time to go deep Thought Manning with 10 th pick was off the mark plus thought dees were tyaken too soon Gotta have depth Had to take Blalock and Johnson just in case Priest gets nicked up Sorry
Marty

ruslerue

New York League 4

Post by ruslerue » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:45 am

i cant believe where taylor slipped too...absolutely tragic, and how could harrison be the 4th receiver.

Jersey Dawg

New York League 4

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:56 pm

Marty - I'm pretty sure I told you this after the draft, but I love your team. I made a huge mistake with my 2/3 pick and it might cost me the season. Only time will tell.

I had no intetion of even thinking about a QB until rounds 6/7 (as team 1, I had back to backs every even round). However, I was so stunned to see how many RB's went (20 of the first 27 picks were rb's) and decided on Ward as my round 2 pick and wanted to decide between Horn, Moss and Mason for my round 3 when.... out of nowhere...I said "Matt Hasslebeck". I said that because a friend of mine convinced me that Matt is good for 35 TD's this year and at 6 points each, that's a lot of points. I also assumed a decent rb would come back at 4/5 since most of you guys from 2-14 already had 2 RB's. Wrong...

I must now rely on:

RB's Holmes (thanks for taking his backups; none will be Priest so if he goes down I would be done anyway), Wheatley (he's 50 years old, right?), Pittman (suspended 3 games; but you never know... he does have some talent and Garner's as old as him) and Richie Anderson, good for only about 6 catches and 40 yards... Ouch.

Amazingly, not much better at WR: Ward, Branch, Galloway, Roy Williams, Engram.

TE: I love Heap and J Stevens makes a solid backup.

D: I love the Patriots and took the Steelers who face Miami at home the week the Pats have a bye.

K: Longwell is long and well; and Hanson who can get some good points in a revamped and better offense in Detroit. Plus, you always have to live an indoor kicker.

Looking at the table, you and team 12 seem to be the teams to beat. I hope to compete, but think the mistake (Hasslebeck) I made in round 3 will cost me a real shot.

Best to you,

Pete

Quahogs

New York League 4

Post by Quahogs » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:58 pm

Hey guys,

I passed on F.Taylor twice ! took barlow then c.brown instead, I get double the regret if he ourperforms both. Just didnt like the idea of him getting pulled at the goal line. Wish I had gone with a TE in round 8 instead of Vandy... 3 te's i would have been happy with were all taken right before my last pick. Des Clark is just not going to cut it. Have no backup Kr or Te... im sure by then I'll have plenty to drop ! Going to be interesting to see what kind of talent will emerge on the FA wire. Nice meeting you JerseyDawg, dont care what else you throw out there going up against HOlmes/Ward and Hasselbeck will be tough to stomach.

Q - pick #12

Jersey Dawg

New York League 4

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:53 pm

Q - Nice meeting you too. As you can see from my post above, I see you and team 8 as the best in the league and the teams to beat. I was sadly surprised you took Brown when you did. I was on the same page with you as to how good he would be, but saw him falling to the 28+ pick (and there for me) in every mock draft I could find. Something tells me if you didn't take him he would have fallen to me. I would proudly start Holmes, Brown and Ward every week and "lived with" a McNair, Pennington QB later.

Best of luck,

Pete