Las Vegas League 2

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:50 pm

Team 10 Hard Heads: 4:1 to cash; 10:1 to win. Solid core, minimal upside.

Have to agree on the upside, unless of course Moss decides he wants to play like that everyday! And if we are lucky Chris Brown continues to play well and FatDale gets a seat on the pine! That late TD by Tatum Bell was huge! We were feeling pretty good against BigMo and now have to sweat out an 8 point lead against Rudi with Shockey left for us. Good luck all and I hope we don't finish with the second most points in week 1 and lose!

RiFF

Las Vegas League 2

Post by RiFF » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:58 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
the Longshots:

Keikoan, slot 4:
* Brady/ Garrard
* L Johnson, probably a modest disappointment but still a very good RB1
* M Lynch, mediocre RB2
* D’ Williams, decent flex with upside for strong CAR running game
* T Holt, not 100%, risky WR1
* T Glenn, maybe gone for the season, if not lowered expectations
* D Mason/ Jurevicius/ Wilford, mediocre group here for WR3 and flex, even worse with Glenn out as at least two will be needed as starters for now
* T Gonzalez/ Olsen, solid here
* BAL defense and SD defense, should be highest scoring team at D over the course of the season with this combo
Outlook: Expect Keikoan’s RBs to disappoint somewhat, and WR depth was hurt by taking two top D’s even before Glenn went down. WR looks like a disaster here, a definite longshot.

/QB] Originally posted by RiFF:
[QB]
Team 4 Keikoan: 5:1 to cash, 13:1 to win. Lacks depth at WR. Solid RB, QB, TE, D.

Kevin, I guess we were both all over this...lol. Team Keikoan at 7-0 is like a freight train picking up speed. Great job so far, Scott.

kjduke

Las Vegas League 2

Post by kjduke » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:29 am

Riff - sometimes the analysis is mostly right, but the conclusion wrong because of a wildcard factor. I think what we said is looking mostly correct with the exception of Mason - but the X-factor is Tom Brady outscoring P Manning by almost double. Hard to predict something like that.

Also, he had some serious good luck going early (didn't he beat you by a fraction?) but he's scored big the last two weeks, so not looking like a fluke anymore.

[ October 22, 2007, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:05 pm

You were right on on our RB issues. Moss has been the bright spot along with Crayton and if only Colston gets hot we could make a run. Nice analysis.
Now back to the game. We need 9.2 to beat you KJ, LOL
Definitely a very competitive league!

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Congrats KJ! Great game and hopefully we can knock off Scott to make it interesting for you 5-2 teams? WCOFF team is done so we focus on this great event....

kjduke

Las Vegas League 2

Post by kjduke » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Congrats KJ! Great game and hopefully we can knock off Scott to make it interesting for you 5-2 teams? WCOFF team is done so we focus on this great event.... Yeah, that was a good win for me - Keikoan has LJ and others on bye this coming week, so you're in good shape to take him down - good luck!

Jules and I both are 2 games back for the #1-slot, while the #2-slot now is wide open with Lucky losing Ronnie Brown for the season. Don't think anything will be decided 'til week 13 for this league.

[ October 23, 2007, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Jules, Bluefoot and KJ you are welcome for helping you all out in the win/loss column! lose by 1.7 one week and win by .5 the next! Unreal! Why do we always have to face a top scoring team each week? This is stressful enough without having to pray for last minute sacks or 10 yd runs or catches!

kjduke

Las Vegas League 2

Post by kjduke » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:53 pm

Nice win hard heads! And a big BOOOOOOO to the Gigglin Marlin team and the Mean Machine team, both started 3-4 bye week players!

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Yeah I saw that and was thinking how pathetic it was. Is it wrong to send them a friendly e-mail asking that they keep the integrity of the league up and at least put in players playing?

wombat

Las Vegas League 2

Post by wombat » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:55 pm

I think if an owner doesn't keep the integrity of the league - and not replacing 3-4 bye week players isn't keeping the integrity - they should be banned from ever competing in the NFFC again.

I think Greg should keep a list. There's no excuse when you have a full week. The commitment just isn't about you. There are other owners and people involved who have invested money, effort and time.

This isn't some free on-line league. This is the big leagues and if you don't have the integrity to stay the course don't make the commitment.