Las Vegas NBC Sports Primetime League 2

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:56 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
quote:Originally posted by Eug:
Sorry Mark Moyer about Brady being out. That's a bummer. And now Colston? Who else has been hit by the Week 1 injury bug? No problem losing Tom "I've Never Missed an NFL Start" Brady. I backed him up with Jeff "One and Done" Garcia. :mad:

I hate fantasy football. :(

Mark
[/QUOTE]Well, you said you wanted to try him out...there you go.

That sucks, as does my Colston pick. :(

Paul

[ September 10, 2008, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Follow Me:
Sorry Mark Moyer about Brady being out. That's a bummer. And now Colston? Who else has been hit by the Week 1 injury bug? No problem losing Tom "I've Never Missed an NFL Start" Brady. I backed him up with Jeff "One and Done" Garcia. :mad:

Mark

Paul
[/QUOTE]YOUR Colston pick? Then who the hell did I get?

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Follow Me:

Mark

Paul
[/QUOTE]YOUR Colston pick? Then who the hell did I get?
[/QUOTE]Well, to clarify, I have him on my NFFC Main team, not my NBC team.

So it looks like we're in the same boat on this one, Perry.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:42 pm

I drafted in three NBC 12-Team Leagues this year. Wanted to try Brady or Moss to see how it would work out.

Had the 7th Pick in the NBC Magazine League, but Brady went at #3 and Moss at #4.

Had the 6th Pick in the NBC 8/19 $150 Satellite League 2. Moss went at #5 and I got Brady at #6. :(

I liked how that turned out, so in the NBC Main with the 8th Pick, I went with Brady. :(

And backed him up with Garcia. :( :(

Just to make matters worse, in the Satellite, I also drafted Burleson. :(

It will probably be easier overcoming losing both Brady and Burleson, than losing both Brady and Garcia.

I got Collins and Griese off Waivers tonight. Hopefully, both Young and Garcia will be out for a long time or I'll be playing Waiver Wire Roulette all year.

It will definitely be a challenging season in both leagues.

Mark
Follow Me

[ September 12, 2008, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Follow Me ]
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

eugenemin

Post by eugenemin » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Mark, that's definitely tough but if anyone can make a competitive go of it, you can buddy. Good luck in week 2...

Surgically Enhanced TD's

Post by Surgically Enhanced TD's » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Nice come from behind win Bigger MO, 107 points in one game wow. Congrats Eugene on the win also, makes for a good MNF game when your team pulls through.

Robert, thought you won the game when I saw that Bush's TD didn't get registered until I looked over the rules again, suprised you dont get pts for return TD's. Good game, Marshall was my Saviour.

Welcome back Steve Smith!

Good Luck All.

eugenemin

Post by eugenemin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks Surgically Enhanced TD's. Nice win this week in a high scoring affair with ZMen. Marshall is going to be monster this year. It feels like he'll be the #1 WR in FFL.

Last week I lost by less than 2 pts to Zmen when my "vaunted Minnesota defense" laid a nice ZERO on monday night. Going into the game, I was thinking for sure, that 2 pts wouldn't be a problem. I also lose in my other High Stakes league last week on the last minute TD catch by Curry on monday night. These 2 losses felt brutal last week.

This week, I'm thinking no way I'll get the 80+ pts that I need, and then Mcnabb throws the little dink to Desean Jackson and I get there.

Fantasy Football can be absolutely brutal. But I guess that's why we love/hate it, and then keep coming back for more right? Real tough but fun league.

londog7

Post by londog7 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:59 am

Thanks TD's... I felt pretty good having 5 players going into Monday night, but I was down by almost 50 points and you just never know how those things will go. Needless to say, the shootout last night made for a lot of big comebacks and losses. Thanks again.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

londog7

Post by londog7 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
I drafted in three NBC 12-Team Leagues this year. Wanted to try Brady or Moss to see how it would work out.

Had the 7th Pick in the NBC Magazine League, but Brady went at #3 and Moss at #4.

Had the 6th Pick in the NBC 8/19 $150 Satellite League 2. Moss went at #5 and I got Brady at #6. :(

I liked how that turned out, so in the NBC Main with the 8th Pick, I went with Brady. :(

And backed him up with Garcia. :( :(

Just to make matters worse, in the Satellite, I also drafted Burleson. :(

It will probably be easier overcoming losing both Brady and Burleson, than losing both Brady and Garcia.

I got Collins and Griese off Waivers tonight. Hopefully, both Young and Garcia will be out for a long time or I'll be playing Waiver Wire Roulette all year.

It will definitely be a challenging season in both leagues.

Mark
Follow Me I feel your pain on this one Mark. On my NBC DC team, I took Tom Brady, Brodie Croyle, and Tavaris Jackson. I could've taken Matt Cassell with my last pick, but thought I needed a third Kicker instead... so I drafted Nick Novak! That was a nice move on my part . To top it off, this morning I hear that Brad Childress may put Tavaris on the bench this week if he struggles. At this point, hoping for Brodie Croyle to come back soon is not a good sign!

[ September 17, 2008, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Bigger MO ]
I can lead a nation with a microphone.