Las Vegas League 2

sportsbettingman

Las Vegas League 2

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:04 pm

Originally posted by Stephen:
I think if an owner doesn't keep the integrity of the league - and not replacing 3-4 bye week players isn't keeping the integrity - they should be banned from ever competing in the NFFC again.

I think Greg should keep a list. There's no excuse when you have a full week. The commitment just isn't about you. There are other owners and people involved who have invested money, effort and time.

This isn't some free on-line league. This is the big leagues and if you don't have the integrity to stay the course don't make the commitment. I agree they should fight to the end...but I also feel there is quite a bit of chance at who's in whos league.

If you happen to be put into my league...you will be in for a 16 week fight. If you are in a league with Coward Hoolihan...you or you league mates get free wins depending on the schedule.

I DO NOT want any interference with the lineups of quitters...that would be collusion on the part of the organizers.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Ted's Cracked Head

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:34 am

LV2 Leads the rest of the leagues in total points. Congrats and keep up the good work.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

kjduke

Las Vegas League 2

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:09 am

surprising we're still leading the NFFC in points with this going on last week ...

gigglin marlin
QB Byron Leftwich 0
RB Cedric Benson 7
RB Willis McGahee 0
WR Shaun McDonald 12.4
WR Santana Moss 10.1
WR Dennis Northcutt 0.5
TE Todd Heap 0
DST Cincinnati DST 3
K Matt Stover 0
WR/RB/TE Travis Henry 0
Total: 33 *

Mean Machine
QB Carson Palmer 16.45
RB Clinton Portis 10.6
RB Warrick Dunn 0
WR Hines Ward 28.8
WR Amani Toomer 2.3
WR Mark Clayton 0
TE Benjamin Watson 0
DST Houston DST 1
K Nick Folk 0
WR/RB/TE Reggie Bush 14.8
Total: 73.95

wayne123

Las Vegas League 2

Post by wayne123 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:58 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nice win hard heads! And a big BOOOOOOO to the Gigglin Marlin team and the Mean Machine team, both started 3-4 bye week players! I agree! What a shame, although I do not think it effected the outcome of either game. This could potentially ruin a very competitive league. There are at least 8 teams in contention for the two spots from our league and I would not be surprized to see a wild card team come from our league also. It will be too bad if a gimme game causes the outcome. I play the best record in the last week. Does this mean that I should sit my players if I am out of contention by then? Of course not!!!! That is why there is a consolidation race as well....keep fighting! Be a pro! What do you guys think about having a second consolidation teir reserved for the top 100 who did not make the championship round? I think this might help to keep players pushing through the middle and late season. So, three seperate teirs. Championship, Top 100, and the rest. Comments?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

kjduke

Las Vegas League 2

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:51 pm

I think penalizing teams that don't field legit lineups each week by keeping them out of the consolation round would be a good idea.

Gordon Gekko

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:02 pm

Nice win hard heads! And a big BOOOOOOO to the Gigglin Marlin team and the Mean Machine team, both started 3-4 bye week players! more and more BS luck of the draw. is it time to go to the all-play format? aren't people sick and tired of the crap results H2H causes?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Las Vegas League 2

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:16 pm

surprising we're still leading the NFFC in points with this going on last week ...

gigglin marlin
QB Byron Leftwich 0
RB Cedric Benson 7
RB Willis McGahee 0
WR Shaun McDonald 12.4
WR Santana Moss 10.1
WR Dennis Northcutt 0.5
TE Todd Heap 0
DST Cincinnati DST 3
K Matt Stover 0
WR/RB/TE Travis Henry 0
Total: 33 *
New record for lowest weekly score?

kjduke

Las Vegas League 2

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nice win hard heads! And a big BOOOOOOO to the Gigglin Marlin team and the Mean Machine team, both started 3-4 bye week players! more and more BS luck of the draw. is it time to go to the all-play format? aren't people sick and tired of the crap results H2H causes? [/QUOTE]I like the ANT setup better in terms of W/L. ANT does a H2H game each week (winner gets 2 points) and add'l pts are awarded based on which scoring tier you are in each week (an add'l 2,1 or 0 pts). H2H adds excitement each week, so I don't think you can do away with it completely without losing something, but diluting it down to 50/50 between wins and points is a nice solution.

I suggested something like this a couple years ago to no avail ... keep the H2H W/L each week, but award an additional Win to the top 7 scoring teams each week and a Loss to the bottom scoring 7. It's simple, it's more fair, and you don't lose the excitement of a H2H league - you probably add excitement since you are also battling all other teams to make that upper tier each week.

wayne123

Las Vegas League 2

Post by wayne123 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nice win hard heads! And a big BOOOOOOO to the Gigglin Marlin team and the Mean Machine team, both started 3-4 bye week players! more and more BS luck of the draw. is it time to go to the all-play format? aren't people sick and tired of the crap results H2H causes? [/QUOTE]Yeah, its a lot of luck. But, the luck is what makes it fun....and frustrating! I just wish the win-loss record matched the strenght of the teams in most leagues. Our top team is certainly a very good team and deserves his record. Jules has gotten a lot of breaks. Others farther down have gotten screwed! But points can be luck too! One big game (like my team had) is not indicative of the strenght of the team but can result in playoff contention.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:37 pm

Agree luck plays too big a part sometimes, but I do like H2H. I actually am in 7th based on record and points, but in an all play would be 2nd and 2 games behind first, but that is the luck of the draw. I missed LT, LJ and am missing Ronnie Brown this week now as well as having missed Portis and Bush early on, but still had plenty of poits scored against me. It would be nice to find a system as KJ brought forth where teams are rewarded for better all play records, while still keeping H2H in play.
It has been an exciting league and am proud to be a contender in such a tough one as well. I didn't notice till just the other day that Z-Man is actually managing a team, Noverdamuses, which loads this league even more! Anyway, great thread and who knows we implemented 3RR, so maybe we are the first high stakes league to do some sort of all play as well?