Las Vegas League 3

Sack

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Sack » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:39 am

KJ:

Always enjoy a write up like you took the time to provide.

My son drafted this squad with with my wife providing assistance. While you were very fair and most diplomatic about all 14 teams I'm gonna use your rankings to have a bit of fun with him. Kinda like hanging a newspaper clipping on the teams bulletin board. ;)

I would have done a few things differently as I didn't love Portis at #2 with Willis still on the board. I also would have taken Thomas Jones before the TE, but his flyer backs have upside. I was proud of his effort and hope his squad puts up a fight. Thanks again for your 2 cents and best of luck with all the squads in 2006.

PURPLE HELMETS: Good luck this season, nice to see people making the jump from that "other" contest. Maybe we'll get to do another Auction in the future.

[ September 06, 2006, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Sack ]

kjduke

Las Vegas League 3

Post by kjduke » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:00 am

Originally posted by Sack:
KJ:

My son drafted this squad with with my wife providing assistance. While you were very fair and most diplomatic about all 14 teams I'm gonna use your rankings to have a bit of fun with him. Kinda like hanging a newspaper clipping on the teams bulletin board. ;)

I would have done a few things differently as I didn't love Portis at #2 with Willis still on the board. I also would have taken Thomas Jones before the TE, but his flyer backs have upside. I was proud of his effort and hope his squad puts up a fight. Thanks again for your 2 cents and best of luck with all the squads in 2006.

I suspected there might be a family connection there Sack. If your kid is already drafting high stakes at this age he might be the Tiger Woods of FF by the time he's 21. (Or will he be the Pete Rose??)

Good luck on the season, hopefully the bulletin board materials doesn't come back to bite me in the a$$.

rsigle

Las Vegas League 3

Post by rsigle » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:37 pm

Our league had three < 18 year old little men drafting. Drafting #14 was not where I wanted to be being an Auburn fan and there are three good Auburn backs. Can't blame Uncle Rico from taking Carnell, now I have to play against him Week 1. Steve Smith was my first pick. Darn. Wish I had taken Tory Holt, but those are the breaks. My son helped me with the draft, and encouraged the Bush pick and also the Eli Manning pick. I'm hoping for some luck and looking forward to the fun. Go Tigers...and hope we beat LSU this week.

Uncle Rico

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Uncle Rico » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:33 pm

Well Auburn man you got your wish...totally my fault for buying into the Troy Brown hype and benching Drew Bennett, but losing by .35 points hurts. Of course if the Caddillac hadn't played like a Ford Pinto I wouldn't have been in these dire straits to begin with! Congrats though on winning without Steve Smith...for my sake (Delhomme), I hope he comes back strong next week.

Purple Helmets

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Purple Helmets » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:14 am

Go figure...my NFFC team outscores my WCOFF team in week #1. And I actually loved my WCOFF team and was not happy with my NFFC team. How can my team in a 14 person draft outscore my team with slightly favorable scoring in a 12 team league?

Oh well...how does everyone feel about their teams now that we've gone through one week?
Living the dream!

Purple Helmets

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Purple Helmets » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:16 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Drafting from the #3 spot, the only decision I'm rethinking right now was taking Plaxico Burress at 3.3 instead of Warrick Dunn. We'll see...if I can get good production from Mike Bell or Ahman Green then that decision will prove to be OK for me. I'm not totally enamored by my team but not sure if anybody is in a 14 team league. I like your team Purple, you probably have as
much RB2 depth as anyone ... but if it was me, I would've jumped on M Turner before #1 took him since an LT injury could end your season.
[/QUOTE]I wanted Turner but (a) was surprised team #1 took him as early as they did and (b) had more pressing needs that needed to be addressed before handcuffing my #1 pick. It could come back to bite me...as could many other decisions I made on draft day.
Living the dream!

Purple Helmets

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Purple Helmets » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:17 am

Originally posted by Sack:
KJ:

PURPLE HELMETS: Good luck this season, nice to see people making the jump from that "other" contest. Maybe we'll get to do another Auction in the future. Sack, your son did fine...appeared to have more confidence in his picks than I did with mine. It's a long season and his team will bounce back from week #1.
Living the dream!

CC's Desperados

Las Vegas League 3

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:45 pm

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Go figure...my NFFC team outscores my WCOFF team in week #1. And I actually loved my WCOFF team and was not happy with my NFFC team. How can my team in a 14 person draft outscore my team with slightly favorable scoring in a 12 team league?

Oh well...how does everyone feel about their teams now that we've gone through one week? Beleive it or not, it happens all the time. In a 12 team league a lot of points are left on the bench. In bye weeks in the 12 team, you won't have as much drop off.

Purple Helmets

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Purple Helmets » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:25 pm

Looks like "luck" is more important to my team than "skill"...I'll ride that train as long as possible.
Living the dream!

Purple Helmets

Las Vegas League 3

Post by Purple Helmets » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:34 am

Another lucky week for me...won by less than two points without Tomlinson who was on his by week.
Living the dream!