NFFC Dynasty League Draft in Vegas

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 am

Overview
*** LIVE auction in Las Vegas, Saturday afternoon, September 1, 2007, following the NFFC main event. ***
*** Players will remain on their original team indefinitely each season until dropped. ***
*** 14 teams, 23 NFL players using a $205 team auction budget in Season 1 only. ***
*** Subsequent years will consist of an annual rookie draft only, which will take place online. ***
*** Offseason trading allowed. ***
*** Rules will generally be consistent with regular NFFC auction rules with the Dynasty-related exceptions below. ***

Roster Requirements To avoid positional loading, teams must remain within positional ranges at all times. Roster limitations by position are as follows:
• 3-6 Running Backs
• 3-6 Wide Receivers
• 1-4 Quarterbacks
• 1-4 Tight Ends
• 1-3 Kickers
• 1-3 Team Defense/Specials Team

Annual Rookie Draft Beginning with Season 2, we will hold a straight (not serpentine) rookie draft. Upon selecting a player at the rookie draft, that team must drop a player at the same position if it would put his team over the maximum number of players allowed for that position. Once a team has a full roster, at their next turn in the draft they may elect to: (a) select another rookie with a corresponding roster drop, or (b) drop out of the remainder of the draft. The draft will continue until all teams have dropped out of the draft. Draft order will be determined as follows: (1) All eight non-playoff teams will be chosen randomly for slots 1-8; (2) The six playoff teams will pick from slots 9-15, in reverse order of their total league winnings the prior season. Any ties will be broken by random selection.

Trading Trading is allowed during the fantasy offseason as follows: after the completion of all Week 16 games of each NFL season through midnight of the day before the first NFL game of the following season. Trading both players and rookie draft picks (picks during that offseason's rookie draft only) is allowed. However, no other future compensation or non-disclosed compensation can be given or promised (meaning no secret side deals, etc, and no owner may have any financial interest whatsoever in more than one team in the league). Any trade, in it’s entirety, must be disclosed at the time of the trade, and is subject to reversal if deemed inappropriate by the league commissioner. No traded player may be traded back to the same team during the same offseason. Collusion is strictly prohibited and would result in all involved parties being expelled from the league without refund and with no opportunity of prize money.

Entry fee and one-time non-refundable dynasty fee: The entry will be $650 per team, per season. Additionally, for each team owner’s first season in the league, there will be a one-time $300 dynasty fee. A team’s dynasty fee will go into the prize pool if that team does not return for a new season and a replacement owner must be recruited. The replacement owner can purchase the available team by paying the annual entry fee of $650 (or a negotiated rate if necessary), and must replace the exiting team’s $300 dynasty fee in their first year. The purchase price plus the former owner’s dynasty fee will go into that season’s prize pool.

Participants
1. KJ Duke
2. Will Tyrer
3. Capt Hook/ Jules
4. Shawn Childs
5. Ron Kraus
6. Mark Moyer
7. Greg Morgan (?? depending on schedule)

This will be an NFFC league hosted by Greg/STATS. Interested parties should post below or send me a PM. Since the MOST important element of this league is continuity, strong preference for this league will be to NFFC vets with a minimum of two seasons under their belt. New Yorkers and Chicagoans are welcome if any of you would like to fly out to Vegas for the Season 1 inaugural auction; rookie drafts for future seasons will likely be handled online.

[ June 30, 2007, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 24, 2007 10:57 am

Kevin, as you know, I like the idea of a Dynasty League drafting in Las Vegas. I'm not so sure I like a trading league, though, even during the off-season. It's a position I'm not comfortable in and I'm not sure is necessary. I have a hard enough time making sure Jack Cust is an outfielder. :D I'm knee deep in something else so we'll have to go over all rules before they are finalized, but that's one area I wish we could avoid.

These are Kevin's proposed rules. Feel free to add or delete as you see fit if you plan on competing in this and we'll see if we can get this done. But I'll run it if there's interest, if the percentage of payout is similar to NFFC events and if STATS can accommodate this format. All need to be resolved.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu May 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Kevin, as you know, I like the idea of a Dynasty League drafting in Las Vegas. I'm not so sure I like a trading league, though, even during the off-season. It's a position I'm not comfortable in and I'm not sure is necessary. I have a hard enough time making sure Jack Cust is an outfielder. :D I'm knee deep in something else so we'll have to go over all rules before they are finalized, but that's one area I wish we could avoid.

These are Kevin's proposed rules. Feel free to add or delete as you see fit if you plan on competing in this and we'll see if we can get this done. But I'll run it if there's interest, if the percentage of payout is similar to NFFC events and if STATS can accommodate this format. All need to be resolved. Greg - seems like a dynasty league might be too static without trading, making the league almost entirely dependent upon the first year auction. My concern is people would lose interest.

By allowing only offseason trading, I think we avoid the biggest problem with trades - dumping non-keepers for future value - which can really screw up playoff races. During the offseason, presumably everyone is trying to better their team for the upcoming season as well as future years, so the controversy should be kept to a minimum. We could institute a threshhold for league objections which, if reached, would then push the trade to you and/or Tom for a commish decision (hopefully a rare event).

I think there is more downside to not allowing trading than there is to allowing it for a dynasty lge. Hopefully we can win you over on this issue (or tweak the review process so as to not take you away from Jack Cust business ). If you're absolutely against trading, a keeper lge rather than a dynasty lge might make more sense.

[ May 24, 2007, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 24, 2007 1:33 pm

KJ, fair enough on trading if the 14 participants can agree to a process where it's almost self-policing. Tom and I would be here for final arbitration if needed, but that's one area I'd almost like to stay away from. It could force too many of you folks to try and persuade Tom and I during Happy Hour to make favorable decisions!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Thu May 24, 2007 5:21 pm

I still have to decide between Vegas and NYC for my main drafting location. If I go with Vegas, I'd like to participate. Should have a decision by next week...but will monitor the posting here in case I need to make a decision quicker based upon the league filling up quickly.
Living the dream!

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri May 25, 2007 5:43 am

Would definitely like to see more people in the discussions and ultimately Kevin's league.

One thing I think we need to take a look at is the playoff structure for the league and I don't view the playoff setup for the auction leagues to be the best.

Another thing would be the "random" selection of the eight draft positions for the following season's rookie draft. Perhaps we should use a modified form of the NBA's ping pong balls.

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri May 25, 2007 7:39 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
DeepPurple...SNAKEsources (a petite French femme by the name of GiGi), based on a previously censored thread that you began, are strongly suggesting that you attend the proceedings in NY...SNAKE New York looks to be the likely location for me with the NFFC...hopefully meet some of the NFFC regulars there that I didn't meet in Vegas last year. I also like the fact that based on '06 signups, it appears to be the largest NFFC draft location...giving it more of an event feel.
Living the dream!

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:47 am

I would like to add my name to list.

Thank you,
Mark Moyer
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat May 26, 2007 7:42 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
I would like to add my name to list.

Thank you,
Mark Moyer
Follow Me you're in Mark