Chicago League 1

BONGIZMO

Chicago League 1

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:41 am

Paul,

It was nice meeting you and I have to say I am as intrigued as anyone to see if this works. Wasn't my intent to take a TE early and definately not my intent to use two throughout the season as that strategy has rarely if ever worked. That being said, I couldn't resist taking one I had highly rated (injury risk and all) at that point. At least if one goes down, i won't miss a beat with the replacement...lol.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Shrink Attack

Chicago League 1

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:34 am

I think that the most uncomfortable feeling in a draft is when you're suddenly presented with a novel situation of which you neither anticipated nor ever really thought about much before.

After the initial panic, then you have less than two minutes to decide: Do I do what my drafting sheet (on which I labored 3 months perfecting the damn thing) tells me to do (even though the pick defies conventional wisdom), or do I change on the fly and go with my gut in order to be "flexible"?

I'm not sure if that's what you did or not, but it looks like you stuck with your cheetsheet, deciding to live or die by it.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven