Las Vegas League 2

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:02 am

Most competitive league, leading in overall league points. Most contorversial league, Steve Smith and RiFF and BlueFoot. Most active on the boards league, even have no league members in on it. Man I got into a great league, thanks guys and gal! This has been a great first year in the NFFC.

Disclaimer-for the record their was no sarcasm involved in this post and no animals were harmed in the typing of it....

wayne123

Las Vegas League 2

Post by wayne123 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:21 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nice win hard heads! And a big BOOOOOOO to the Gigglin Marlin team and the Mean Machine team, both started 3-4 bye week players! more and more BS luck of the draw. is it time to go to the all-play format? aren't people sick and tired of the crap results H2H causes? [/QUOTE]yes.
[/QUOTE]...ditto, amen and agree here 100%...the time may have finally and really arrived for the NFFC faithful to start making a collective and concerted effort to start calling for change to the all play format here...SNAKE can certainly see a team that is possibly ranked in the 300's in The Overall Standings this season getting into the playoffs with a 10-4 or 9-5 record over a team that is #37 Overall and has a record of 5-9 or worse...and that would quite simply be an utter and damn shame ISHO...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]What makes points any more legitimate than wins? Why is one considered any more "lucky" than the other? Why should a catch at the one yard line during crunch time as opposed to one by way of a fake spike in the endzone (ala Moss and Brady)during scrub time count more than a solid win because of a balanced team? Fantasy football should resemble real football in some abstract ways. Should the team that scores the most points win an NFL division?

Here is what I think: One owner's luck is another owner's strategy. Its all a matter of perspective and its all relative.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

sportsbettingman

Las Vegas League 2

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:52 am

I think playing ONE team each week is what adds the FUN to this competition.

Playing all teams would not be fun...it would be too close to a points only league.

Points only leagues are NOT fun.

Getting screwed because you had the 2nd best score this week and lost to the best score this week is just ONE LOSS. Life ain't fair. If this happens often...your team is either destined for medioctrity...or very inconsistent with BIG scores some weeks and medium scores some weeks.

Having a poor score, and facing a team having a worse score, and thus still having a fighting chance is very exciting. You understand your team had a bad week...but still can get a needed win.

Take away the fun and you lose customers.

~Lance

[ November 02, 2007, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Anyone notice which two teams decided to set lineups this week? Guess PhinCity and Noverdamuses don't get byw weeks like Jules(who yes wouldve won anyway ) and PTEEZ got last week?

Hard heads

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Hard heads » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:10 pm

Ok this is getting ridiculous!!! First we have(coming into this week) the most points against us this year in LV2 and now over the last 3 weeks our games have been decided by 2.65 points!!!! And of course we have lost 2 of them. You go into Sunday night up 101.1-75.9 and have FWP and Crayton left to his Pitt D and Curtis and we lost 108-107.5?!?!?! 6.4 from two guys that combined are averaging almost 30 a week? Man I hate this game I love so much sometimes!!! Add to this the disasterous injury riddled last 4 weeks we have had in WCOFF and I am about to swear off next year, LOL! Start 5-0 there with our bye weeks set to start in week 8,9 and 10 and go off and lose our top 2 backs and our top handcuff and add in Maroney to that mix and we suck!!! Ok, I think I am done whining but jesus who did I **** off recently to have all the bad luck and stress sent my way? :confused:

wayne123

Las Vegas League 2

Post by wayne123 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:38 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Ok this is getting ridiculous!!! First we have(coming into this week) the most points against us this year in LV2 and now over the last 3 weeks our games have been decided by 2.65 points!!!! And of course we have lost 2 of them. You go into Sunday night up 101.1-75.9 and have FWP and Crayton left to his Pitt D and Curtis and we lost 108-107.5?!?!?! 6.4 from two guys that combined are averaging almost 30 a week? Man I hate this game I love so much sometimes!!! Add to this the disasterous injury riddled last 4 weeks we have had in WCOFF and I am about to swear off next year, LOL! Start 5-0 there with our bye weeks set to start in week 8,9 and 10 and go off and lose our top 2 backs and our top handcuff and add in Maroney to that mix and we suck!!! Ok, I think I am done whining but jesus who did I **** off recently to have all the bad luck and stress sent my way? :confused: I now realize that the real problem with H2H is the possibility of collusion. It doesn't matter if a team would have won anyway. A group of players can help a team win a couple of extra games and steal the best record spot. That is a loophole in the rules that can be exploited. The reason this is possible is because all good teams are bound to lose a few games due to luck as you have. I play the team with the best record in the last week. Lets say he loses a game and Jules catches him. I will then sit my players in the final week to even things out and make the league fair. I am not saying that collusion has taken place, but it may have...the integrity of the standings would require someone to "take one for the league". Just like Jule's game, it is unlikely to make a difference, I probobly would lose anyway...but just to make things fair among the top teams, my pathetic squad could take an intentional loss. This could also be used to call attention to the need to lessen the impact of H2H in the future. I like H2H. But, it is too "iffy" to grant a playoff appearance based on it alone. We should use the power standings formula already tracked by stats instead...then H2H would still count but nobody could help someone else into the playoffs.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Superpion

Las Vegas League 2

Post by Superpion » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:57 pm

BlueFoot,

You just stated publicly on this message board that you suspect collusion, which is shocking in and of itself given your optimistic views expressed in prior posts and that your response to suspected collusion is for you to OVERTLY collude to keep someone out of a championship position.

I am highly confident that your opinion is wrong and out of line but it seems odd that you would come on to a message board and announce that you planned on breaking a rule.

It would be akin to going on a local law enforcement message board and announcing INTENT to break a particular law. Unconventional technique to say the least.

If Greg wasn't already a parent, I don't know if he'd be able to cope with your tactics.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

wayne123

Las Vegas League 2

Post by wayne123 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:07 pm

Originally posted by Superpion:
BlueFoot,

You just stated publicly on this message board that you suspect collusion, which is shocking in and of itself given your optimistic views expressed in prior posts and that your response to suspected collusion is for you to OVERTLY collude to keep someone out of a championship position.

I am highly confident that your opinion is wrong and out of line but it seems odd that you would come on to a message board and announce that you planned on breaking a rule.

It would be akin to going on a local law enforcement message board and announcing INTENT to break a particular law. Unconventional technique to say the least.

If Greg wasn't already a parent, I don't know if he'd be able to cope with your tactics. The way I understand the rules:

Its my team and I can do what I want with it.

I enjoy this league very much, it is great to have serious players who actually care. H2H is a liability in its current use and Greg has offered no remedy beyond "it is their team". Perhaps no remedy actually does exist. But the issue deserves serious consideration. Greg runs this league with a great deal of saavy. He is great at determining solutions to new problems as fairly as possible. But some our more difficult than others. For example: I still have not seen everyone's KDS. This is important to the transperancy of the game. So is the close scrutiny of players who do not submit a line-up on a given week. In particular if two or more players don't sumbit line-ups on weeks that benefit the same team! This is a real possibility and a way to cheat the system. My threat to sit my players is within the current rules. If it comes to it, I will be disappointed because I have fun trying to win each week even if I am out of it. But, I believe in the NFFC and plan to play for many years, I would like to see it continue to be the best test of fantasy skill. And yes, I said it...skill. Yes, it IS mainly luck, but there is a skill component. Over the course of 20 or 30 years the best will be identified. I am in it for the long haul and I can sacrifice a week to make a point. But, I will not break the rules....the way I understand it, it is my choice and my team.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.