anyone have the guts to sit Andre Johnson and Marcus Colston

aragon

Post by aragon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:09 pm

This week Colston gets Revis and A Johnson gets Asomugha.

I have Colston and if D Jackson wasn't on a bye week, I think I sit Colston. But with no one else to play, I'll just have to roll the dice.

Curious if anyone is considering sitting either one of these top WR's.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Colston is no Moss, I'm not worried.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:27 pm

When I read the thread, I thought you were considering BOTH!

It's tough to sit either one, but if you have a "decent" backup, it might not be a bad idea.

Not sure either one will crack 10 points this week, but just so damn tough to sit! If they get a break in coverage just a couple times, they could get 20 points+.

You gotta have some cajones! :D

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 pm

I started a thread at Footballguys about whether anyone would bench A Johnson this week because of Asomugha. AJ had 2 rec. for 19 yards last year against him. About 98% of the responses gave me the "You can't bench your studs" line or some other stock answer.

At least you are thinking about it like me, so I'm not alone. Maybe I am just nuts. In the main I have AJ, Bowe, Ochocinco, Hester and Sims-Walker. If Bowe is out the choice is easy. If Bowe is a go, then it gets dicey. Hester has his matchup of the year against Detroit, no way I sit Sims-Walker against the Tenn. secondary, and Ocho against Cleveland is a prime matchup, too. I can easily envision a 4 for 40 day for AJ while Schaub throws it to Walter and Daniels all day.

[ October 01, 2009, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 pm

I actually considered sitting Colston, but my son/partner said "no way". We'd play Gage and flex Parker. He could get shut down by Revis like those before him. But Houston played w/o Walter and New England w/o Welker. Brees has more weapons available. I'm hoping Colston delivers.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm sitting Colston in a couple of lges. AJ starts at home, at Oakland might've considered benching him.

[ October 01, 2009, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

aragon

Post by aragon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 pm

If D Jackson wasn't on his bye week, I would sit Colston w/ S Moss and S Smith (the other one).

But with no one else realy, he will play.

I can't seem to find a % starting like baseball has. Anyone know if this stat exists? I'd sure like to see what % start these WR's have.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Unless I had four studs I just couldn't do it because inevitably my benched stud would have a career game and I would be kicking myself til the end of time.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:24 pm

It depends on what kind of defense Rex decides to go with as it is going to be a pick-your-poison week for him. Brady wasn't and isn't as sharp as he can be yet and Moss is showing signs of age and had no other weapons to take the safety focus elsewhere. Colston is younger and more physical and because of the number of weapons the Saints have, I can see Revis being left out on an island with Colston on a fair amount of plays and as hot as Brees is, Colston lights him up.

As for AJ, if Kevin Walter plays, he will get his points as he is a beast. The obvious question with Houston every week is pass protection. If they get it, great and if they don't, struggles. I would have to be a high-risk player like SNAKE to sit either one of these guys. :D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 am

I am one of those who say you don't bench your stars. I am not the best at who to sit/start, but like with your starters in baseball, I think the best you can hope for is 50/50 (50% of the time you will be right and 50% of the time you will be crying in your beer).

Top QB, Top RB, Top WR1 and WR2 play. Juggle the rest.
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne