Thursday Magazine Draft Is Full

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:30 am

I might've been able to Billy and I probably could have. But he was there and I wanted a plug-and-play starter at QB so I took him. I didn't want to mess around.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:32 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Greg,

Not a fan of the Matt Ryan pick, but I really like the rest. Sidney at the end of round 2 is very nice value, and getting Grant with the last pick of the 3rd is even BETTER value!

Gates and Maclin are also nice adds....nicely done! :D

I know this draft was a glorified mock and done in early July, but it has me SERIOUSLY reconsidering my KDS! :eek:

EDIT: You may want to do some random drug testing at Fanball....Tom taking Favre....IN THE 4TH!!! :eek: Yeah, I held off on QBs and made a tough choice. I just couldn't take Cutler there and then took Ryan over Kolb and McNabb. Who would you have taken there?
[/QUOTE]In no particular order...

Kolb, E.Manning, Cutler, or waited a round and held out for Flacco.

It's all personal preference anyhow....I just don't like Ryan as much.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I might've been able to Billy and I probably could have. But he was there and I wanted a plug-and-play starter at QB so I took him. I didn't want to mess around. I know that you are a no nonsense guy...remember, I've seen you on the beer pong table!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I might've been able to Billy and I probably could have. But he was there and I wanted a plug-and-play starter at QB so I took him. I didn't want to mess around. I know that you are a no nonsense guy...remember, I've seen you on the beer pong table! [/QUOTE]Exactly. So why doubt me now? :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Greg,

Not a fan of the Matt Ryan pick, but I really like the rest. Sidney at the end of round 2 is very nice value, and getting Grant with the last pick of the 3rd is even BETTER value!

Gates and Maclin are also nice adds....nicely done! :D

I know this draft was a glorified mock and done in early July, but it has me SERIOUSLY reconsidering my KDS! :eek:

EDIT: You may want to do some random drug testing at Fanball....Tom taking Favre....IN THE 4TH!!! :eek: Yeah, I held off on QBs and made a tough choice. I just couldn't take Cutler there and then took Ryan over Kolb and McNabb. Who would you have taken there?
[/QUOTE]In no particular order...

Kolb, E.Manning, Cutler, or waited a round and held out for Flacco.

It's all personal preference anyhow....I just don't like Ryan as much.
[/QUOTE]McNabb didn't even make your list. What kind of a Redskins fan are you? :D

Yeah, I had just touted Kolb in the last Fanball magazine, too. Maybe I should have grabbed him. Oh well. Ryan and Young may be a mix and match. We'll see. I probably would have grabbed Favre if Tom didn't coming back up, so he did the right thing there.

See, Tom says something nice about me and I say something nice about him. We work well together. :D

Okay, a few more rounds in a bit. What the heck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 am

Greg, I would've taken Cutler or Kolb over Ryan at that point. I just don't think Ryan has 25+ TD nor 4000 yd potential; the others do, IMHO.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
If I could have gotten Rivers and Grant at the 3-4 turn I would have been golden. Rivers went right before me [/QUOTE]Imo, the team that took Rivers in front of you did you a favor. I believe everyone is either downplaying or just plain ignoring what the loss of v Jax and, probably just as important, Marcus McNeil will do to the FF value of Rivers. His best WR and his all pro LT. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10 FF QB's if both those situations linger into the season; especially if they both hold out through week 10 and/or V Jax is traded.

Of course you didn't take advantage of the favor with the Ryan pick.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am

I agree that Sidney Rice should be going earlier. Once the season's upon us and Favre is good to go, he'll be a top 15 overall pick.

what round/pick did Ricky Williams go in, if i may?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
I agree that Sidney Rice should be going earlier. Once the season's upon us and Favre is good to go, he'll be a top 15 overall pick.

what round/pick did Ricky Williams go in, if i may? Ricky went 7.14.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
If I could have gotten Rivers and Grant at the 3-4 turn I would have been golden. Rivers went right before me [/QUOTE]Imo, the team that took Rivers in front of you did you a favor. I believe everyone is either downplaying or just plain ignoring what the loss of v Jax and, probably just as important, Marcus McNeil will do to the FF value of Rivers. His best WR and his all pro LT. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10 FF QB's if both those situations linger into the season; especially if they both hold out through week 10 and/or V Jax is traded.

Of course you didn't take advantage of the favor with the Ryan pick.
[/QUOTE]True, the VJax news should lower Rivers's value. I guess I could have taken Schaub there instead, but at that point I went Gates.

Tom and I were just talking about Grant now. I have no problem taking him at pick 42 as my second back in a 14-team format. I didn't think I had a shot at a good RB2 there. While Grant isn't flashy, the Packers will still run the ball enough and there are no other options to replace him. Brandon Jackson is nothing. All the young kids they have they won't trust in key situations. So it's Grant's job and he can get it done, easily. I see him a lot and I think he's a solid back, but there's no doubt that they can score in the Red Zone without him, which limits his TD value.

But no problems with taking him there.