Hurricane IKE

wayne123

Hurricane IKE

Post by wayne123 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
you keep fighting the fight bluetoe. every board needs a joker.

Anyways...from off the presses of rotoworld...
The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Texans' Reliant Stadium is in no condition to host an NFL game Monday night.

The stadium may have even sustained enough damage from hurricane Ike that it won't be usable for several weeks. It's not clear yet whether the game will be moved to another site or postponed to a later date. The NFL will likely make a determination Saturday. The Texans bye week (Oct. 26) is a possibility.

better get the contingency plan in place!!!! I will do my best to remain a jokester, but you must do your best to remember that I do not take myself seriously. OK, all kidding aside, this event sucks for a whole lot of people right now. Quite frankly, I am a little ashamed about the fact that my bigest problem remains my fantay team. Lets take just one of the minor issues people are dealing with...pets. Losing a great pet is tough. I bet there are a lot of displaced cats right now and some pretty upset owners. If my team wins this week, I will donate some money to help animal shelters in the Houston/Galveston Area. If my team loses, I will double the amount. There now at least my trival concern over my fantasy team relates in some miner way to hardships the people of Southeast Texas are enduring.

Counting my blessings!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

King of Queens

Hurricane IKE

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Okay, so the NFL has announced that Sunday's tilt between the Ravens and Texans has been pushed back to Monday night...BUT THE GAME IS STILL SCHEDULED TO BE PLAYED IN HOUSTON?!?!? Goodell is dropping the ball here -- the game needs to be scheduled at a neutral site like Atlanta or New Orleans. With massive evacuations, power outages, etc., Houston is almost certainly going to be a mess all weekend. Why use valuable city resources to make sure that an NFL game is played, when there will be obvious and more important matters at hand?

From a fantasy perspective, it could be a disaster if the game cannot be played in a timely fashion. Wins and losses would be determined from the other 15 games on the Week 2 slate, and then potentially changed later in the year when Baltimore and Houston eventually play their game (I assume that's how it would work).

I hope this all turns out to be a false alarm, but the way things look right now, Goodell is making a terrible mistake. Unfortunately, this might be my best call of the season. :(

King of Queens

Hurricane IKE

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
You don't scare the masses with what if's. You react to concrete info. It's not a problem until there's a problem...then it's a problem.

In other words, be proactive!

mikeybok

Hurricane IKE

Post by mikeybok » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:52 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i picked up an extra d in one of my leagues yesterday. even though some(wont mention names) said it has never happened before i didn't want to take a chance. Bravo! All this talk about the NFFC and the NFL being proactive. Amazing someone here actually took it on their own shoulders to be proactive.

Others should quit whining if they missed the "hurricane will hit Houston headline" and didn't take care of their team. ... nice job THE_BLACKHAND!

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!

yomop1212

Hurricane IKE

Post by yomop1212 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:07 am

Whining?

What if your bench has no real "dead" players like most benches? You go after a defense for the sole reason of a hurricane that may interfere with the game? I cannot fault someone for not adding a 2nd D or kicker (like myself).

[ September 13, 2008, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Like Tiger on Sunday ]

Raiders

Hurricane IKE

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:12 am

Originally posted by Like Tiger on Sunday:
Whining?

What if your bench has no real "dead" players like most benches? You go after a defense for the sole reason of a hurricane that may interfere with the game? I cannot fault someone for not adding a 2nd D or kicker (like myself). I pickup up Houston Def. hoping there wouldn't be a game, and thus getting 12 points for the shut-out. :D Yep I was pre-paired. Were you.

John

King of Queens

Hurricane IKE

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:16 am

I should take Baltimore or Houston in my survivor pool this week. Pretty good chance that they both survive.

mikeybok

Hurricane IKE

Post by mikeybok » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:17 am

Originally posted by Like Tiger on Sunday:
Whining?

What if your bench has no real "dead" players like most benches? You go after a defense for the sole reason of a hurricane that may interfere with the game? I cannot fault someone for not adding a 2nd D or kicker (like myself). It's called making a decision. I have 3 Houston players on a team. I'll took this into account (and will suffer if the game is moved) ... but some of the screaming for intervention from the NFFC is killing me.

I lost Brady on a team (DC). I don't recall their being special drafts and extra free agencies to fill my new found roster need.

Why didn't you trade your kicker straight up for another ... I would NOT put either the HOU or the Balt Kicker in the top 14 ... were you worried someone else would down grade if you let Brown go?

[ September 13, 2008, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

Raiders

Hurricane IKE

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:19 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I should take Baltimore or Houston in my survivor pool this week. Pretty good chance that they both survive. :D