Start/Sit Week 6

Sabretooth

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 pm

I have a flex decision to make in the classic. What do you guys think?...manningham,maroney,owen danials,james jones or gaffney and I already have Lloyd starting.

Sabretooth

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Man, I have a ton of issues on this team. Here's the relevant players:

QB: Orton, Ryan, Favre

RB: Foster, MJD, Steven Jackson, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis

WR: S. Smith (NYG), S. Moss, J. Gafney, H. Ward, D. Amendola

I'm leaning toward Orton, Foster, MJD, Smith, Moss, Gafney. My flex choices are Jackson, Torain, Hillis, Ward, Amendola. I'm flummoxed. Can I really sit SJax? I probably should. Torain gets the Colts. Ward gets Big Ben back. Amendola might get 93 targets this week. I'd go with ryan,foster,MJD,Sjax at flex and Moss Amendola and ward.

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Man, I have a ton of issues on this team. Here's the relevant players:

QB: Orton, Ryan, Favre

RB: Foster, MJD, Steven Jackson, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis

WR: S. Smith (NYG), S. Moss, J. Gafney, H. Ward, D. Amendola

I'm leaning toward Orton, Foster, MJD, Smith, Moss, Gafney. My flex choices are Jackson, Torain, Hillis, Ward, Amendola. I'm flummoxed. Can I really sit SJax? I probably should. Torain gets the Colts. Ward gets Big Ben back. Amendola might get 93 targets this week. You don't have "issues" as much as you have "options"! That's some nice depth to choose from, but I see what you mean about tough decisions. How long do you keep treating MJD and SJax like studs? (You really can't sit Foster, right?) But Torain's matchup IS tempting, but which of the others do you sit? At WR, you're probably starting Smith and Moss, but which other one gets the WR3 - Ward back w/ Ben or Amendola getting a zillion targets? And if you want to play both, then which RB is left out?

Definitely some difficult choices, but I'll bet most people would love to have those "issues". ;)

I plugged your players into my spreadsheet that I use. Each week, I update it with defensive opponents stats to see what each player's up against.

Here's a screen shot of it:

Good luck with this.

[ October 13, 2010, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I have a flex decision to make in the classic. What do you guys think?...manningham,maroney,owen danials,james jones or gaffney and I already have Lloyd starting. I'd go WRBC and play both DEN WRs. That way, whichever one goes off you'll be rewarded (and the other one will probably chip in w/ 15). One of them will have Cromartie on him, but the other might not see a hobbled Revis.

[ October 13, 2010, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

David U. Kennedy

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by David U. Kennedy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I have a flex decision to make in the classic. What do you guys think?...manningham,maroney,owen danials,james jones or gaffney and I already have Lloyd starting. you take manningham off the list. what has he done to prove your trust. maroney blows and has the jets, bench him no brainer. daniels hasnt done dick and its because hes coming off of major knee surgery. hmmmm what do you do. it comes down to gaffney or jones. flip the coin. they look pretty even but of course gaffney goes aginst the jets. jones is upgraded with finley out. Just a question but have you watched any games this year. This isnt a tough decision in my book.

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Originally posted by wahoo:
quote:Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I have a flex decision to make in the classic. What do you guys think?...manningham,maroney,owen danials,james jones or gaffney and I already have Lloyd starting. you take manningham off the list. what has he done to prove your trust. maroney blows and has the jets, bench him no brainer. daniels hasnt done dick and its because hes coming off of major knee surgery. hmmmm what do you do. it comes down to gaffney or jones. flip the coin. they look pretty even but of course gaffney goes aginst the jets. jones is upgraded with finley out. Just a question but have you watched any games this year. This isnt a tough decision in my book. [/QUOTE]Though Gaffney goes against the Jets, they've allowed 250 yards passing per game and 9 TDs through 5 games. Jones should see an increase, but Gaffney's already delivering, averaging 14 PPG and 11th in the NFL in targets (45).

[ October 13, 2010, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

particra

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by particra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:08 pm

That's awesome, Sandman. Thanks a bunch.

Sabretooth

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Originally posted by wahoo:
quote:Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I have a flex decision to make in the classic. What do you guys think?...manningham,maroney,owen danials,james jones or gaffney and I already have Lloyd starting. you take manningham off the list. what has he done to prove your trust. maroney blows and has the jets, bench him no brainer. daniels hasnt done dick and its because hes coming off of major knee surgery. hmmmm what do you do. it comes down to gaffney or jones. flip the coin. they look pretty even but of course gaffney goes aginst the jets. jones is upgraded with finley out. Just a question but have you watched any games this year. This isnt a tough decision in my book. [/QUOTE]No wahoo I don't watch football....LOL! I just pay over $2000 to play to play in the NFFC every year! Thanks for your input sandman.

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 pm

You're both welcome. Good luck.

[ October 13, 2010, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

David U. Kennedy

Start/Sit Week 6

Post by David U. Kennedy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Just dont understand why you would include the other guys with Gaffney and Jones is all. Good Luck Sabretooth!!