The Draft & Running Back By Committee (weber's thread)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 am

Maybe I'm biased, but I see Felix Jones as a nice COP back to compliment MBIII. I would have been worried for MBIII had the Cowpokes selected Mendenhall.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

eddietheking

Post by eddietheking » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:42 am

Booty was a great pick for the Vikings, he should soon be the starter, if not late this year then next.

The Steelers stole Mendenhall, Felix was Jerry's pick all the way no matter of talent, Arkansas...

I like the Raiders picking McFadden, saw him a few times and he's so versatile, breakaway runner, threw for a few TDs too! Looking forward to that this year.

What I didn't understand is the 49ers and Titans both needing WRs badly and not picking any until the 6th round or trading for a #1. Getting Chad or Boldin would've helped either club immensely.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:48 am

As good as McFadden looks, I'm not sure it was in the Raidas best interest to crowd their backfield even more.

Basically, this makes their ability to trade one of these guys for value impossible.

Titans must not like Chris Henry. I believe Fisher could be on death watch with the results of this draft.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:05 am

When's the last time a top RB's value just sunk the way Willie Parker's just did. I still think he starts and gets most of the carries, but he just went from a solid RB1 at worst to RB3 territory.

I'm not as worried about Barber although I have downgraded him a tad. The guy's been a Top 10 RB the past two seasons despite backing up Jones. I think he'll be in the 8-12 range again this season even with Felix Jones there now. Barber will still get most of the carries and you know he's money near the end zone.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:19 am

From a FF perspective the placement of the top RB's drafted could've been so much better.

Still alot of unanswered questions at that position.

I think it's hilarious that the bungles drafted 3 WR's. Do you think Chad's having a bad day! :D

renman

Post by renman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Billywaz,

I normally am not overly high on taking RB's high in the NFL draft given so many talented RB's can be found later even as undrafted free agents .. ie, Priest Holmes, Willie Parker, Jamal Anderson (I think).

I do think RB was a need for the Steelers given How much use Parker has had and behind him they had no one. I think Sweed has huge upside too and a wrist injury is hugely different from a knee, or ankle or even shoulder. I do worry about that offensive line...

Time will tell...