For those interested in roster expanding

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:01 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
[QUOTE][QUOTE]My point Greg, is that these top 10 teams also have the luxury of securing the likes of Kenton Keith, Selvin Young, etc. etc.

So, unless they suffer massive injuries like many have, they will be hard to beat. How fun is it to know you can't qualify because you are already behind the 8-ball.

Lack of injuries allows one to hoard top FAAB players. That has everything to do with luck and zero to do with skill...in my best snakespeak...hehehe :D [/QB]I followed you up to this point Russ. Just because these Top 10 teams are relatively injury-free doesn't mean they still have the most FAAB in their leagues. In fact, some of them may have acquired the early free agents and are doing well as a result. I don't see how they are all automatically doing well AND still sitting on the most FAAB in their leagues. I trust some of these owners are among the most active via free agency before now and may have even drafted the Selvin Youngs and Kenton Keiths you mentioned.

Anyway, when you suffer injuries, you HAVE to spend your FAAB money. You can't take it home with you, that's for sure. Injuries are a bummer. Agreed. It's not fair. It's unlucky. It sucks. If going to 20-man rosters immediately made up for all that, I'd consider helping one and all. But I'm not sure it will help the game at all and in fact could hurt it. Now good luck the rest of the way.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:05 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
[QUOTE][QUOTE]My point Greg, is that these top 10 teams also have the luxury of securing the likes of Kenton Keith, Selvin Young, etc. etc.

So, unless they suffer massive injuries like many have, they will be hard to beat. How fun is it to know you can't qualify because you are already behind the 8-ball.

Lack of injuries allows one to hoard top FAAB players. That has everything to do with luck and zero to do with skill...in my best snakespeak...hehehe :D
I followed you up to this point Russ. Just because these Top 10 teams are relatively injury-free doesn't mean they still have the most FAAB in their leagues. In fact, some of them may have acquired the early free agents and are doing well as a result. [/QB][/QUOTE]Absolutely correct Greg! Derrick Ward comes to mind as those who picked him up are getting 14-15 from their flex each week. Now that Jacobs is back, that number should wane each week, but he (and others) is a big reason some teams have gotten off to good starts IMO.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

For all those that are out already or who are frustrated, fantasy baseball season is right around the corner. You've already started to get ready, have you not GG?

And that's not a dig about your team, more about getting ready to win the 100K. I will be joining you guys in the main this season. Be sure to look at the top of the standings to see how I'm doing.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:19 am

Was Selvin Young not drafted in any leagues??

I'm still kicking myself about Kenton Keith. Snake, RI Workhorse and myself were talking draft weekend about how HORRIBLE Dorsey was and the mistake people would make in drafting him, yet none of used our foresight to draft Keith.

Keep the rosters the way they are. I would imagine every single team in the NFFC is dealing with injuries right now, some with a lot, some with a few. We are all playing under the same guidelines and have to endure through everything.

I doubt 20 man rosters would change much when it comes to injuries since a lot of teams would be backing up their D's, K's, TE's. I probably would considering I usually only draft one of each.

Ask Ugly Yellow Tomatoes how a larger roster helped them with injuries. If I remember correctly, in a DC league they lost 6 QB's. I know a DC league is different since there's no FAAB, but injuries are apart of the game, deal with them like the rest of us. This year has been very bad though. :(
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:34 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Not necessarily easy, but less dependent on luck. If you're lucky this season and have suffered less injuries, you're in a better position regarding roster limitations.

Alot of wisdom in this statement!

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:39 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg is correct. This comes up every year as owners see their teams slowly drift out of contention. It's hard for some to stomach that their season is already over, maybe due to injuries, maybe not.

For all those that are out already or who are frustrated, fantasy baseball season is right around the corner. True I'll be playing in the baseball main event for the first time this year..so look out NFBC veterans :D
Bauler Shot Caller

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:40 am

We took a flyer on Kurt Warner in 2 DC leagues this year with the 26th pick so the Leinart injury could pay off big for us this year. In another DC league our only non bye week, non injured Running Back on our roster is Anthony Thomas. :mad: You gotta take the bad with the good.

Wayne

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I would be in favor of expanding the rosters to 20 on Week 13 for the playoffs. This has been discussed before and now is as good a time as any to bring it back up again for next year. As for the regular season, 18 is just fine. Hopefully Greg is still working on implementing this idea. :cool:

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:44 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I would be in favor of expanding the rosters to 20 on Week 13 for the playoffs. This has been discussed before and now is as good a time as any to bring it back up again for next year. As for the regular season, 18 is just fine. Hopefully Greg is still working on implementing this idea. :cool: [/QUOTE]If I'm out of the playoffs, I'm open to accepting all cash offers to block moves of your competition.

Send me an e-mail via the owner page link. TIA.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

For all those that are out already or who are frustrated, fantasy baseball season is right around the corner. You've already started to get ready, have you not GG?

And that's not a dig about your team, more about getting ready to win the 100K. I will be joining you guys in the main this season. Be sure to look at the top of the standings to see how I'm doing.
[/QUOTE]GLY: you bet I have! Once I saw how much skill and time committment factored into winning at fantasy baseball, how could u not? If u have skill and can make the time committment, you'll win money every year in fantasy baseball. The same names are at the top of the leaderboard EVERY year. You can't say that about fantasy football.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?