For those interested in roster expanding

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 am

guys have we not learned our lesson on knee jerk reactions to situations i.e. 3RR. look how well that went for those getting a top 3 pick this year. Tomlinson was a one year thing in terms of superman stardum. I like the pick your draft spot preference but now we are talking about changing rosters. if your going to do that, then lets go to 12 team leagues which is more standard.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:45 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I would be in favor of expanding the rosters to 20 on Week 13 for the playoffs. This has been discussed before and now is as good a time as any to bring it back up again for next year. As for the regular season, 18 is just fine. Hopefully Greg is still working on implementing this idea. :cool: [/QUOTE]If I'm out of the playoffs, I'm open to accepting all cash offers to block moves of your competition.

Send me an e-mail via the owner page link. TIA.
[/QUOTE]Of course....if you can only add 1 player per team it will be hard to bring a decent price for your offer John......unless you auction yourself off to the highest bidder.

This of course would probably never happen but it makes for good TV.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:53 am

Originally posted by weber:
guys have we not learned our lesson on knee jerk reactions to situations i.e. 3RR. look how well that went for those getting a top 3 pick this year. Tomlinson was a one year thing in terms of superman stardum. This is straight from the WCOFF thread about 3RR. What exactly has proven 3RR wrong this year? The fact that the top three teams aren't dominating all of the leagues this year like they did last year?? If you look at the scoring per draft spot, it looks pretty even across the board (13 of 14 spots within 2% of the average) and nine of the Top 12 teams drafted from different spots. Teams are winning from all different spots this year. I find it interesting that some folks continue to say that 3RR isn't working when the facts state differently.

And if certain draft spots finish better than others next year, then with KDS you have a chance to set your preferences differently. Maybe I'm wrong, but having the opportunity to state your draft preferences still seems like a better option than random selections. But I may be wrong. I may be wrong on this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:05 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
guys have we not learned our lesson on knee jerk reactions to situations i.e. 3RR. look how well that went for those getting a top 3 pick this year. Tomlinson was a one year thing in terms of superman stardum. This is straight from the WCOFF thread about 3RR. What exactly has proven 3RR wrong this year? The fact that the top three teams aren't dominating all of the leagues this year like they did last year?? If you look at the scoring per draft spot, it looks pretty even across the board (13 of 14 spots within 2% of the average) and nine of the Top 12 teams drafted from different spots. Teams are winning from all different spots this year. I find it interesting that some folks continue to say that 3RR isn't working when the facts state differently.

And if certain draft spots finish better than others next year, then with KDS you have a chance to set your preferences differently. Maybe I'm wrong, but having the opportunity to state your draft preferences still seems like a better option than random selections. But I may be wrong. I may be wrong on this.
[/QUOTE]I AGREE GREG HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO STATE YOUR DRAFT PREFERENCES IS BETTER THAN RANDOM ONES. I GUESS WE WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER AND SEE HOW ALL OF THE DRAFT POSITIONS SCORE ACOORDINGLY. I KNOW 3RR WAS IMPLEMENTED TO MAKE THE TEAMS MORE BALANCED AMD DRAFT SPOTS A LITTLE MORE EQUAL. HOWEVER IF EVERYONE NEXT YEAR HAS BASICALLY THE SAME KDS PREFERENCES AS A RESULT OF 3RR THEN EVERYTHING IS BACK TO SQUARE ONE. I DON'T THINK THIS CAN BE DETERMINED UNTIL SEASONS END.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:12 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Greg,

I agree, Nothing wrong with 3RR. Don't listen to these guys. The real Players who had Top picks are still up at the Top. You have to give the guys who Have LT2 and S-Jax credit.

The draft isn't won in the first round. There are 18 rounds to draft plus you get a $1,000 dollars to pick guys up. Guys should stop complaining about there bad drafts and stop taking it out on 3RR.

Love 3RR!!!!!!
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:13 am

Ormond, I'd be surprised if next year everyone has the same KDS preferences. In fact, I'm sure it will be crazier and more unpredictable than this year. Should be wild indeed.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:29 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]I AGREE GREG HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO STATE YOUR DRAFT PREFERENCES IS BETTER THAN RANDOM ONES. I GUESS WE WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER AND SEE HOW ALL OF THE DRAFT POSITIONS SCORE ACOORDINGLY. I KNOW 3RR WAS IMPLEMENTED TO MAKE THE TEAMS MORE BALANCED AMD DRAFT SPOTS A LITTLE MORE EQUAL. HOWEVER IF EVERYONE NEXT YEAR HAS BASICALLY THE SAME KDS PREFERENCES AS A RESULT OF 3RR THEN EVERYTHING IS BACK TO SQUARE ONE. I DON'T THINK THIS CAN BE DETERMINED UNTIL SEASONS END.
[/QUOTE]Every year is going to be different. Anything can happen. Look at last nights game.

Another example, Take Ronnie Brown. You couldn't give this guy away on draft day. He was going in the 3rd round.

Derrek Anderson....Same deal. Everyone is going to get lucky sometimes and everyone is going to have bad times here and there.

You can't blame 3RR for things we can't control.

Back to square one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I.W
Johnny Frisella

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:10 pm

guys have we not learned our lesson on knee jerk reactions to situations i.e. 3RR. look how well that went for those getting a top 3 pick this year. Tomlinson was a one year thing in terms of superman stardum. I like the pick your draft spot preference but now we are talking about changing rosters. if your going to do that, then lets go to 12 team leagues which is more standard. 3RR, 18-man rosters, 14-lge teams = perfect balance --- now saunter on back to your 12-team random-selection kiddie league :D

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 pm

guys have we not learned our lesson on knee jerk reactions to situations i.e. 3RR. look how well that went for those getting a top 3 pick this year. Tomlinson was a one year thing in terms of superman stardum. I like the pick your draft spot preference but now we are talking about changing rosters. if your going to do that, then lets go to 12 team leagues which is more standard. Why would you make this statement? I don't see one person complaining about the 3RR on the NFFC site. The 3RR is about draft perception. There were many people very happy to be drafting from a late position because they were rewarded in round 3. Who knows who has the edge when it is all said and done. The more people happy with their draft position pre-draft the better.

Who gives two $hits about 12 team rosters? You know where to find that game. The NFFC is a different game so either live with the format or stay in the WCOFF. I'm sure everyone wants to play in two events with the same rules.

[ October 09, 2007, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]