For those interested in roster expanding

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:01 pm

Greg, my point was that if it were left alone there would be no talk about advantages at the top 3, im not saying or complaining about it. to me you can work the system either way to your advantage if you plan accordingly.

CC's i can make the statement because this is america and it's my opinion. I enjoy the NFFC (this is my 1st year doing it) it's different then WCOFF however it's challenging.

You guys don't hesitate to jump down people's throats for raising an opinion. if life that boring that you have to wait like sharks on these boards till someone says something that "YOU" don't like or agree with. Like your opinion is controlling. Greg, it is my take on things..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:06 pm

and KJ DUke, WCOFF "kiddie league" is that because you can't afford to play in both? most likely. Both leagues are tough leagues in their own right.

This league it's tough with Free Agents and managing rosters.. Main event, doing ok, started off horrible with injuries, Auction right there as usual, Sat Diesel Diehard Draft (Duke or RJ were you invited in that league?) im 5-0. that was 3RR, i think im doing just fine. Say what you want .. provoke all you want, it''s my opinion ..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Weber, yes I can't "afford" both :rolleyes: It is statements like that, and much more so calling Greg's decision "kneejerk", that earns you no respect here. You say things you know nothing about, things that are simply wrong, and things that most people here know you are wrong on, so you look foolish.

Having a "different" opinion is one thing, having a completely uninformed opinion is another.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Originally posted by weber:
Greg, my point was that if it were left alone there would be no talk about advantages at the top 3, im not saying or complaining about it. to me you can work the system either way to your advantage if you plan accordingly.

CC's i can make the statement because this is america and it's my opinion. I enjoy the NFFC (this is my 1st year doing it) it's different then WCOFF however it's challenging.

You guys don't hesitate to jump down people's throats for raising an opinion. if life that boring that you have to wait like sharks on these boards till someone says something that "YOU" don't like or agree with. Like your opinion is controlling. Greg, it is my take on things.. I guess we get a little relied up when you throw our leader under the bus. Most of us agree with Greg's decision to change to 3RR. It was discussed on the boards and he stuck his neck out and went with it. I think the event with be better because of it.

As a player from the WCOFF, it's like you are taking a shot at the NFFC format. Both events are different and both give a fantasy player a great opportunity to win a huge prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:34 pm

Originally posted by weber:
Greg, my point was that if it were left alone there would be no talk about advantages at the top 3, im not saying or complaining about it. to me you can work the system either way to your advantage if you plan accordingly.Agreed Mike. This year the Top 3 teams wouldn't have a dominant edge and I'm sure the WCOFF data can point that out. But even last year after Week 6, the top 3 teams weren't dominating. It was after that week that those teams just took off. I was looking at that data earlier today and will gladly post that later.

Hopefully, 3RR has balanced some of the scoring totals for the 14 draft spots. 14 teams is a lot of teams and if we can do anything to make 14 as preferred as No. 1 or No. 5 or No. 10, we should try to do it. I guess only time will tell if 3RR was a good addition or not. But it certainly wasn't the "knee jerk" one-year reaction that our critics like to place on it. It was a needed addition if we were going to continue to run 14-team leagues, which we definitely are.

As a fantasy player, I'd love to have these options that are in the marketplace. 10 teams, 12 teams, 14 teams, random draft process, KDS/3RR, FAAB bidding, auctions, Draft Champions, mid-season leagues, etc. That's why I'm surprised when I see the same guys trying to ridicule 3RR because those are the same folks who seem to enjoy the growth of the industry and the choices that are out there. Strange, isn't it?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:36 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Weber, yes I can't "afford" both :rolleyes: It is statements like that, and much more so calling Greg's decision "kneejerk", that earns you no respect here. You say things you know nothing about, things that are simply wrong, and things that most people here know you are wrong on, so you look foolish.

Having a "different" opinion is one thing, having a completely uninformed opinion is another. I wish I had as much money as KJ Duke has!! :D And I wish I had all the money that Shawn has bet on horses. That might be even more than KJ Duke's net worth!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:39 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Having a "different" opinion is one thing, having a completely uninformed opinion is another. I wish I had as much money as KJ Duke has!! :D And I wish I had all the money that Shawn has bet on horses. That might be even more than KJ Duke's net worth!!! :D
[/QUOTE]I wish I gave you and Brady enough dough to ride the Bush/Smith daily double. I think you would have got more bang for the buck!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
I wish I gave you and Brady enough dough to ride the Bush/Smith daily double. I think you would have got more bang for the buck!! Hmmmm.

The scale is tipping to Vegas 2008.

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:47 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
I wish I gave you and Brady enough dough to ride the Bush/Smith daily double. I think you would have got more bang for the buck!! Hmmmm.

[/QUOTE]Yep Vegas is the place to be! No better way to kick off the fantasy football season than the FI$HER party :D
Bauler Shot Caller

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

[/QUOTE]I think the Fisher's are pumping up the inventory. I don't think you want that many distractions. If you go to Vegas once, you will want to be there every year.

There is something to the candle lit 2RR!!