Jamaal Charles

Coltsfan

Jamaal Charles

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:53 pm

So what happens with the running game in KC? I thought McCluster was the backup coming into the year but i"m not so sure now. I wonder if a 3 headed monster doesn't emerge here. Any thoughts? Does even matter who the RB is here?

Wayne

Sandman62

Jamaal Charles

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:45 am

We're down Colston and Austin in Classic. Gonna have to roll with Gaffney, Knox and DNelson for awhile! :eek:

But glad we passed on Charles at 11 and took Austin.

thegambler

Jamaal Charles

Post by thegambler » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:48 am

i dropped thomas jones to pick someone up this week.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

SS

Jamaal Charles

Post by SS » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:01 am

Hells Satans where was Denarius Moore last week? That's what we would like to know!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

kentucky

Jamaal Charles

Post by kentucky » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:13 am

Good thing they moved the kickoff to the 35 yard line to prevent injuries.... :(
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

particra

Jamaal Charles

Post by particra » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 am

Originally posted by SS:
Hells Satans where was Denarius Moore last week? That's what we would like to know! Hopefully, you didn't need him Week 1. The best you can hope for is that he establishes himself before the byes start. He made some crazy catches though. Brandon Lloyd-like body control.

Eddiejag

Jamaal Charles

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
We're down Colston and Austin in Classic. Gonna have to roll with Gaffney, Knox and DNelson for awhile! :eek:

But glad we passed on Charles at 11 and took Austin. Sandman - not many would have passed on Charles at 11 and taking Austin who was dropping to the late 2nd round.I avoided Charles this year because of the Chiefs play New England,Pitt,Chicago,Jets,and Green Bay week's 11 to 15. Good luck with Austin hopefully a couple weeks off and he will be back being a Monster. ;)
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Sandman62

Jamaal Charles

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 am

Eddie, as you probably know with us, we just really try to avoid RBs in the first couple rounds (though this year we did take Gore and MJD a couple times). We just prefer the consistency and less season-ending injuries of top WRs over top RBs. Plus we were convinced that KC would struggle more this year with a tougher schedule. Not saying we at all predicted Charles' injury; just that we thought many were too down on Austin, and we expected a big bounce back year for him. And based on most of our drafts being towards the end of round 1, we didn't get a chance to ever get Austin at the END of round 2; so we "reached" for him - Well, it doesn't actually look so much like a reach anymore though (prior to his injury). ;)

Tom Kessenich

Jamaal Charles

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:41 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
So what happens with the running game in KC? I thought McCluster was the backup coming into the year but i"m not so sure now. I wonder if a 3 headed monster doesn't emerge here. Any thoughts? Does even matter who the RB is here?

Wayne My guess is McCluster and Jones get the carries with McClain handling goal-line carries if Jones doesn't do well. The Chiefs have serious issues offensively so it's tough to see them generating anything on the ground although McCluster could be a fine RB3 in Classic/Primetime formats due to his receiving skills. But that's a brutal offense right now and Bowe is the only one I'd consider starting consistently.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich