Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:36 am

Bingo-UYT has a winner. This would be quicker then the message board.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:44 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE concurs as putting those late round sleepers on a public MB such as this one at this time is simply a bad practice ISHO...(a paranoid)SNAKE Two easy solutions:
1) $208 for 26 players. We set it up that way and auction them all off that night. Easy enough.

2) The reserve round on the League Forum is likely the best and easiest way. We'll eliminate the thread immediately after and we'll send the results to George. Snake's sleepers will disappear as NOBODY will stay up to watch that.

Either one is doable and Tom will set up one of them by tomorrow morning, so let's get it done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:11 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE concurs as putting those late round sleepers on a public MB such as this one at this time is simply a bad practice ISHO...(a paranoid)SNAKE A player drafted in rounds 20+ isn't really a sleeper, but rather a player you will take a chance on, hoping for something big sometime during the season.
I am guessing most players being picked in the reserve draft are going to be available via free agency in most leagues. If we aren't willing to bid on them, I would imagine they aren't being drafted. A few would be the exception, but not many.

Whatever is easiest and preferred by the majority is fine by me. I just hope we can show everyone this group doesn't need 4.5+ hours to do complete 18 rounds.

But, go ahead and give me LJ now for $90. ;)
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:20 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Two easy solutions:
1) $208 for 26 players. We set it up that way and auction them all off that night. Easy enough.

2) The reserve round on the League Forum is likely the best and easiest way. We'll eliminate the thread immediately after and we'll send the results to George. Snake's sleepers will disappear as NOBODY will stay up to watch that.

Either one is doable and Tom will set up one of them by tomorrow morning, so let's get it done. Between these two ... I like 1)
Hakuna Matata!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:23 am

I think this makes most sense ...

1. $208 for 26 players
2. The commish changes the clock to 2 seconds for those last 8 rounds, and institutes a rule that there will be NO COMPETING BIDS in the final 8 rounds (which is how the league was intended anyway and will ensure that those rounds will move much faster).

p.s., It will take longer to draft on the MB than it would in auctioneer, so if we do it in one night the MB is a useless option.

[ August 17, 2006, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

londog7

Post by londog7 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:35 am

#1. I like KJ Duke's stipulation as well.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:50 am

Here's the answer I got from George regarding changing the format to 26 players and a $208 cap:

"I can set it up as $208 over 26 rounds, but the 8 extra players will be part of the auction. In other words, someone can buy their 19th player (potentially for more than $1) before another team can fill their rosters. If they really want to do this, I hope the East Coast people are ready for a long one."

Keep discussing and let me know when you come up with a concrete plan.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

londog7

Post by londog7 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:59 am

Tom... Is KJ Duke's idea of altering the time a possibility? If it is, we should all be able to agree not to up the bids after 18 players have been selected for each team. That would definitely allow the last 8 rounds to move quicker.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.