Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:00 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Here's the answer I got from George regarding changing the format to 26 players and a $208 cap:

"I can set it up as $208 over 26 rounds, but the 8 extra players will be part of the auction. In other words, someone can buy their 19th player (potentially for more than $1) before another team can fill their rosters. If they really want to do this, I hope the East Coast people are ready for a long one."

Keep discussing and let me know when you come up with a concrete plan. I agree with George and have told him to set it up this way. If someone has more than $1 after his 18th pick, so be it. The computer will allow a $2 bid after that. But from our standpoint, if we want to get done before Aug. 22nd, we need to keep this moving and every owner should be ready to nominate a player in the reserve rounds and be ready to get that player in 6-8 seconds. We can do those reserve rounds quickly if everyone has a player qued.

It's $208 for 26 rounds, so good luck everyone. Once this league is done, STATS will set it up as a Draft Champions with total points over 16 weeks. Should be fun, as long as we don't have rollbacks during the night or people getting booted off. I trust with this veteran group all will go well. Thanks guys.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
If they really want to do this, I hope the East Coast people are ready for a long one."
tom/greg/all: i'm going to have to drop out of this league. with the time constraints, it just won't work out for me. sorry in advance, but you still have time to fill my slot.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:44 am

Tom & Greg,

Just because the computer allows a bid above $1, there is no reason that WE have to allow it. As I suggested above, instruct everyone that there are NO COMPETING BIDDING after the 18th round.

To allow add'l bids changes the game, lengthens the auction, and is unneccesary to do just because the computer can't handle it.

londog7

Post by londog7 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:06 am

I agree as well.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:18 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
If they really want to do this, I hope the East Coast people are ready for a long one."
tom/greg/all: i'm going to have to drop out of this league. with the time constraints, it just won't work out for me. sorry in advance, but you still have time to fill my slot.
[/QUOTE]C'mon Mark, I get up earlier than you and I am willing to "stay up late". The auction won't be the same without you.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:17 am

Not allowing any increase in initial bid after the 18th round is fine with me. Of course, does this also mean everyone agrees to draft no more than 18 players through 18 rounds? I suppose that wouldn't have to be a requirement but it should be agreed upon one way or the other prior to the start of the draft. Either way is fine with me.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:40 am

Does this sound right?

18 rounds with a $200 budget. Spend it or you basically lost/wasted it.

Final 8 rounds is a serpentine draft with remaining $8. It will be exactly like a "normal draft" but instead of just picking your player, you have to bid $1 due to this being an auction site. No other owners may bid on any players during the final 8 rounds.

Teams must have only 18 players after the auction part of the draft. No more, no less.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

And it looks like we lost GG...did any others show interest?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:10 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Does this sound right?

18 rounds with a $200 budget. Spend it or you basically lost/wasted it.

Final 8 rounds is a serpentine draft with remaining $8. It will be exactly like a "normal draft" but instead of just picking your player, you have to bid $1 due to this being an auction site. No other owners may bid on any players during the final 8 rounds.

Teams must have only 18 players after the auction part of the draft. No more, no less.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

GLU, you are correct. And I'd add to that, once an owner reaches 18 players he cannot bid again until all owners have 18 players.