Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:54 pm

Sounds like you guys have hammered this out today.
Everything sounds fine with me. I don't like the idea of a late night either but I want to do this bad enough to make a little sleep sacrifice. So now we either need GG back or a replacement.

ksbrodie

Post by ksbrodie » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm

If you need one more for this league, I would love to jump in. I know a lot of you obviously know eachother so I don't want to intrude if your waiting for someone's decision whether or not to join. Not quite sure how to signup for this one though as I did not see it on the signup page. Let me know if I can fill out the league and how to sign up.

Thanks!
"The Difference between skill and luck is the duration in which it lasts"

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:57 pm

Originally posted by Weebles:
If you need one more for this league, I would love to jump in. weeble - i'm out, so you can have the spot. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:30 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

As an alternative ... Give everyone $208 ... We could agree to allow everyone to pickup 18 players in the auction before anyone gets their 19th player and only spending a max of $200 ... then don't allow over bidding on players for the next 8 rounds regardless if someone saved more than 8 dollars or not (there by creating a surpentine draft for the last 8 rounds ... assuming players are put up for bid in surpentine order). This is better than the MB or email Idea IMO. This Idea only works if putting players up for bid is done in surpentine order. If not ... everyone needs to agree to pick players in the order the draft software allows.

Also ... everyone will need to track their money and take eight off their maximun allowable bid. We need to have a contingency to cover if someone bids too much for a player which will take them over the $200 by their 18th player (could happen).

I personally think we tough out a 26 player auction draft ... the last 12 rounds should go pretty fast as most the bidding will take place in the first 14 rounds. As Greg said ... this is the KISS method. Someone could also forget and bid on a 19th player before everyone gets 18.
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:21 am

Originally posted by Weebles:
If you need one more for this league, I would love to jump in. I know a lot of you obviously know eachother so I don't want to intrude if your waiting for someone's decision whether or not to join. Not quite sure how to signup for this one though as I did not see it on the signup page. Let me know if I can fill out the league and how to sign up.

Thanks! Contact me at [email protected] and I'll get you in, replacing GG. We need to get you set up on www.fantasyauctioneer.com ASAP.

If anyone else wants to drop out, please do me a favor and at least e-mail me rather than posting here. It's hard enough getting everything set up without having to find out via MB posts that you've just decided to leave us hanging with an open spot. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:06 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Weebles:

Thanks! It's hard enough getting everything set up without having to find out via MB posts that you've just decided to leave us hanging with an open spot . Thanks.
[/QUOTE]No Corona's for you this year, GG. :D
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:08 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

As an alternative ... Give everyone $208 ... We could agree to allow everyone to pickup 18 players in the auction before anyone gets their 19th player and only spending a max of $200 ... then don't allow over bidding on players for the next 8 rounds regardless if someone saved more than 8 dollars or not (there by creating a surpentine draft for the last 8 rounds ... assuming players are put up for bid in surpentine order). This is better than the MB or email Idea IMO. Someone could also forget and bid on a 19th player before everyone gets 18.
[/QUOTE]Ultimately, this would be the commish's responsibility to keep track of all teams budets/rosters. Of course, we all need to help with this, as the commish(who????) is drafting with us.

[ August 18, 2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: GOD Loves You ]
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:07 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...man oh man, is this getting complicated here...how do we simply KISS?...SNAKE $208 ... draft 26 auction style.
Hakuna Matata!