Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

DIESEL02

Post by DIESEL02 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:10 am

Hey what's up guys Eddy Betancourt (Bagglers) here. I'm signed up for the auction. I'm flexible with the secondary date as long as it's not the 26th or 27th. I have no problem with doing a 26 round draft for Monday, willing to do via e-mail or message board. I'm in a league with alot of cops in NY and one year we actually did a draft via phone because they were all mandated to work because of a high security alert. I'm willing to give my cell number and have one of you guys be commish and call us up to draft also.That commish could post it on the MB for those who have access and it could be done throughout the day(s).Me being a blue collar guy drafting via e-mail will be much harder for me( no access throughout the day) and drafting via e-mail could wind up taking alot more time for all of us.
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:53 am

Originally posted by Baggler:
I'm in a league with alot of cops in NY and one year we actually did a draft via phone because they were all mandated to work because of a high security alert. Gotta love the law enforcement and their priorities. ;)
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:54 am

I am done attempting to try to make this thing work. I know all are trying to help, but there's to many, "let's try this and let's try that and let's change the original settings" for everyone to be in complete agreement on everything. We need to get this decided ASAP or this league will be deceased, something I dearly don't want to happen.

We already have to many conflicting dates for one to work for all. It was a great idea RC, but not going to work.

Can we agree on one of these 2, they seem to be the best options.

1. Make it $208 for the full 26 rounds. For those who need to get to bed early, get your team drafted early. For those who don't care, save some money and spend it toward the end.
I am guessing the last 8 picks for each team will be close to $1 anyways. What would be the problems with this? I would rather get this league started than worry about it mirroring the "real DC".

2. Make it $200 for 18 rounds. After these are completed, we all jump on the mb's and finish it here. For those with worries, the thread would be deleted AND no one cares if you value Jerome Harrison or Jerald Sowell(Diesel's man!) anyways. The big problem with this is it will make it a very late night for every single one of us.

I say majority rules, with either option, the draft will at least be completed in one night, although it might be the next day! :D

spook

Post by spook » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:13 pm

hey are there any spots open for this draft?

ksbrodie

Post by ksbrodie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:49 pm

I vote option 1. All 26 rounds.
"The Difference between skill and luck is the duration in which it lasts"

londog7

Post by londog7 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:39 pm

Option #1. I don't know who suggested it, but finishing the draft on the MB makes NO SENSE whatsoever. How will that be quicker? If someone cannot do the who draft, they can quit and we can try to replace them. If we don't wind up with enough owners, so be it. Too many bad vibes around this league already. Please just make a decision, let everyone know what the parameters are, and see if people still want in. I'm in for the 26 round draft on Monday night. I will do the MB if mandated, although I believe this process will only serve to slow up the draft.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:09 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Here's the final word. I sent Greg an e-mail and he is going to set up the 8 round supplemental draft on MDC Aug.25th at 7:oo PM.

If you cannot make it you may pre-select your players or set up auto draft. Most of us are in this for the info to be gained in the 18 round auction so let's not let the lesser important issue deter us. I along with Johnny have worked on this league from the beginning so I'm stepping up and making a decision. Hopefully this will work for all but if not then let's can the league and let Greg/Tom get on with the other 1000 things on their plate. Do we have an accord?

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:11 am

Originally posted by Route C:
I'm doing a phone call with Greg in the morning to finalize everything. Next year we'll be better organized. This thing just sort of evolved without any leadership = (recipe for disaster).

I'll post the results of my conversation with Greg tomorrow. Sit tight til then...I'm sure we can keep this draft alive.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:10 am

Okay, someone has to take charge here and since I'm the commissioner of this satellite auction league on Monday night, I'm doing just that right now:

We are going to do the entire auction on Monday night, including the reserve rounds. Each owner will have $208 for 26 spots. There is no way for the computer to demand you to bid $1 for your last eight spots, but I trust we'll all be down to that level by the end of the night. If we have no computer glitches, we'll be done in 5 hours, which isn't the end of the world for big boys like us.

Okay, here's the deal: Everyone sign up at www.fantasyauctioneer.com today and check out the site. Load the Flash and be ready on Monday night. Don't open other browsers that night and we'll be fine. I'm going to try NOT to pause the auction very much as once we get rolling this thing can cruise. So be ready.

That's the final plan. If anyone has a problem with that, speak now or forever hold your peace. We have 14 serious fantasy football owners who want to auction and we can do it in a reasonable fashion and have a great contest this year after the draft. Since this is a Draft Champions League, all you're really investing is 5 hours on Monday night and then you'll have a season of fun. So get your beauty sleep tonight and be ready for tomorrow night.

Sound good? The High Exalted Commissioner For Life has spoken and thus it is done. Ignore the other man behind the curtain and plan for $208 for 26 rounds and a fun night. : D See you in the auction room tomorrow night.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Estus Hood

Post by Estus Hood » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:00 am

Hey Greg,

thanks for finalizing everything. On Monday night, how do we find our auction draft? Will there be a link under my drafts?