Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:48 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Don't worry....Ill put money on it that says snake and I finish ahead of you in the main event this year sure you will. between you (not having enough prep time and blowing your top in the auction) and snake (only getting 1 defense in a DC format), both of you are going down this year. sorry the proof is in YOUR recent actions. i hope you like sliding boards, cause that's a good image for your upcoming seasons. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
just a thought...anyone who is playing in a high stakes fantasy football league should really have a faster internet connection than dial-up!! :rolleyes: :( Do you realize you are making fun of a lot of NFFC folks with this comment?? Not I, but many DO still have dialup.

I am somewhat confused because I didn't realize RI's connection speed on his computer, at home, had anything to do with him drafting in person in NY?? Guess you need to get your facts straight, dial-up speed and playing "high-stakes" fantasy football really don't have anything to do with one another.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:09 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Hey guys, STATS needs to get these two questions answered. Can someone help us out?

1. if Jeff Clampitt should have Zack Hilton, then I need to know who to replace Hilton with on Welsh's team.

2. Who to replace Koenen on Welsh's team. Tomm I e-mailed you with this info...didn't know anything about Hilton though.

Koenen to Weebles

Gostkowski should be on my team replacing Koenen

Gaffney from Weebles to my team replacing Andy Reid..yea, how many of you can say you actually drafted a head coach for ff??

And Hilton should be on my team, not sure where that came from :confused: Unless it was another situation like Gostkowski's.....

Jeff, you didn't nominate or win Hilton did you??
[/QUOTE]Yes, I was under the impression that Hilton was on my team. Someone nominated him for $1 then I bid $2 and that's the only time I saw his name.
[/QUOTE]I won him after you were gone. Am guessing this was the same thing as the Gostkowski/Gostowski Probably a Zach H. and a Zack H.

If this is the case, I need to find a $35 replacement for Hilton! ;)

I need to be able to see a list of remaining players so I can get another on my team. Tom, what would be the best way to handle this?? Maybe we can share Hilton's points, thee ultimate team mate you would be!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:15 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
dial-up speed and playing "high-stakes" fantasy football really don't have anything to do with one another. as expected, you are behind the curve. no prob. we are use to it :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE and Johnny Junkie ain't going down anywhere in this league Gigi, as JJ is accurate in stating the fate that will befall you this year in all of your FF leagues (just like last year Gigi, 0 for what, 8?)...that odor that you're whiffing right now Gigi - get used to it all year long, as that's the smell that's emanating from SNAKE's rear as you bring it up...SNAKE you are a LIFETIME O-fer in the nffc. have you calculated your ROI yet? :D

[ August 23, 2006, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
dial-up speed and playing "high-stakes" fantasy football really don't have anything to do with one another. as expected, you are behind the curve. no prob. we are use to it :D [/QUOTE]What's next...you have to own a Bentley to play high stakes fantasy as well?

Or live in a mansion? Wear Armani?

Like I said, I have high-speed online, but many don't, so not only are you poking fun at Johnny, but many others as well. It gets a lil redundant and...I guess, expected.

I know when I am in Chicago next week, I will be praising road runner, for how fast my internet is at home!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:58 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Gigi...since you yourself have stated on MANY an occassion (and accurately so ISHO) that total points is a much better barometer as to the real strength of a team, do you think it was equitable that SNAKE's squad finished overall #17 in the Main out of 280 teams last year (TOP 6% OVERALL) and only cashed out $500 based on his subpar 7-6 H2H record?...many thanks in advance for your non-hyprocritical answer here...SNAKE you should be thanking me for the 10% rule for making the playoffs.

really i don't like 3rd place money being awarded in 14 team leagues, so technically you shouldn't have received a dime last year.