Live Chat With Greg A. Tuesday At 3 ET

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue May 18, 2010 3:34 am

Greg,

My sons team will be in Rochester and Syracuse that weekend plus its my wifes birthday. Buffalo may be my best chance to see my son, make my wife happy and win a few hundred thousand more.

I blame you if I do not draft in Chicago.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
Greg,

My sons team will be in Rochester and Syracuse that weekend plus its my wifes birthday. Buffalo may be my best chance to see my son, make my wife happy and win a few hundred thousand more.

I blame you if I do not draft in Chicago. NICE!! We're on the 50-yard line in the Kelly Room at Ralph Stadium if that helps matters. Bring Sue to the drafts. We're going to see if we can get former NFFC champs on the field to see if they can kick a field goal from 30 yards out. Stay tuned. ;)

The idea is to have fun in each city and we have a great contact at Buffalo to make this happen. Interest is good there. But I'll admit, the boys in the Windy City will miss you there. Heck, George and Sandi were looking forward to betting every race with you at Trackside!! ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue May 18, 2010 5:05 am

Greg, I didn't see it listed, but will there be special rates for the Bellagio on the second weekend?
@RedRyder

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue May 18, 2010 5:34 am

Will the FG attempt take place before or after the drafts and will medical personnel be standing by?

Now I HAVE to order my George Blanda throwback jersey!

[ May 18, 2010, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Rob B ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Greg, I didn't see it listed, but will there be special rates for the Bellagio on the second weekend? I just called my contact at the Bellagio now to get rates. We're finalizing the contract on all and will have room rates and codes soon. I would think we'd have Bellagio rates for both weekends and during the week if you want to join yours truly for some craziness!! :D TK and GA hosting in the same city. Imagine that!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 am

Okay, I'm hear on the boards all afternoon to answer any question you may have. I had a few emailed into me recently, so I'll post those questions and my responses here shortly. Feel free to post any question you have here and I'll answer away. I'm also on other threads updating past questions and recent signups. Great first day of signups today, which is exciting. Thanks all.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue May 18, 2010 8:17 am

Tom and Greg in Vegas together?

Any chance of a reunion with Lynn Dickey?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 8:21 am

I had one NFFC veteran e-mail me last week with three major concerns he currently has with the NFFC. He said he desperately wants to rejoin, but was concerned that things were going in the wrong direction. I told him I'd respond to each concern and even post my responses here for all to see. Heck, if my die-hards are worried about the NFFC then I have some work to do before recruiting additional members.

So here goes. First concern from 2009:

"1. Payouts!! Quicker payouts to ensure that our money is accessable by Fanball and not being put somewhere so we are waiting for it. No reason for us not to have that money two week after it's clinched."

I wasn't sure what to make of this first question because I knew that Fanball got the NFBC payments out faster than we ever did at F+W and I thought the NFFC payments went out quickly as well. But then I asked another question and this cleared things up.

In all years past, we've paid off the regular season winners right after Week 13, getting payments to those winners by Christmas. We always were proud of that. Last year during our first full season with Fanball, Tom and I really were at fault here because we assumed that would be done again but neither of us communicated that to Carol and her accounting team. They thought all payments went out at once after the Championship Round was done and had planned accordingly. This should have been laid out better from Tom and I and really deserve the blame here. So what happened is that league payouts went out the first week of January, but the good news is that people won't have to pay taxes on those winnings until 2011.

But that wasn't a Fanball miscue; it really was on Tom and me. And this year we'll get this communicated better and in your hands quicker.

Overall prizes were paid out quickly for all folks who had W-9s on file, but for some reason the last dozen or so payments didn't go out until around Jan. 30th. We have to tighten up the delivery of W-9's to St. Louis this year to make sure it's not a two or three week delay between receiving those and getting out prize checks. That's on us again and maybe we'll just have you ship those W-9's straight to St. Louis rather than to Iola this year.

But the prize funds are there and ready to be paid just like we've always done since the NFBC and NFFC started in 2004.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 8:23 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Tom and Greg in Vegas together?

Any chance of a reunion with Lynn Dickey? Man, we couldn't get rid of Dickey that night at the WCOFF party!! He was like a Greg & Tom groupie!! :D

I still have that photo you took for us. Great photo. That was a fun weekend, although I've never stayed that far away from the Strip. I'd never want to do that again. It didn't even seem like we were in Las Vegas. But look out this year because it's been a long time since Tom has been in Las Vegas and I'm afraid this guy is going to overindulge and not pace himself. :D This could get very ugly in a hurry!! :D

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue May 18, 2010 8:29 am

I was going to ask who was going to be running the show in each city but you've already let the cat out of the bag about you and Tom in Vegas. That could truly be dangerous but you obviously excited Jules as she is already wanting Bellagio reservations. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ