Championship week START-SIT?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:58 pm

I made it to the final week in one fantasy league this year! Woohoo!

But I've got a problem.

Eli Manning is my QB and he plays the Jets.

M.Lynch is my RB and he plays SF.

Boldin is out.

D.Jax sucks.

Welker disappeared last week and remains Questionable on the injury report.

Can Roddy White and J.Cook score 140+ points for me if the rest of my team BOMBS? Hey, I do have the Jets as my defense. If Eli throws 3-4 INT's, MAYBE Revis runs each one of them for a TD.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:04 pm

6th overall in the FFPC Main but in need of a miracle as my best player Arian Foster is already in the books and I'm 63 points behind the leader (who also has Foster done). I'm also 18 points behind 2nd & 3rd, both teams which have all their players still to play.

My brutal WDIS performance this year has really haunted me in this overall as I started Manningham over Pettigrew two weeks ago and last week swapped Manningham in for Spiller last minute (I've been absolutely sick about this all week) leaving a total of 36 very valuable points on my bench.

Manningham's dead to me now and will rot on my bench this week and Spiller's a no-brainer play, but I'm still struggling over my 2nd flex spot.

I'm currently leaning towards Pettigrew and his 1.5 PPR, but Plaxico in a matchup he's sure to be up for against the horrid secondary of his former team is a start I can't stop thinking about. Titus Young also seems like a possible upside play.

I need to go with upside, upside, upside this week. Any thoughts as usual would be greatly appreciated.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
6th overall in the FFPC Main but in need of a miracle as my best player Arian Foster is already in the books and I'm 63 points behind the leader (who also has Foster done). I'm also 18 points behind 2nd & 3rd, both teams which have all their players still to play.

My brutal WDIS performance this year has really haunted me in this overall as I started Manningham over Pettigrew two weeks ago and last week swapped Manningham in for Spiller last minute (I've been absolutely sick about this all week) leaving a total of 36 very valuable points on my bench.

Manningham's dead to me now and will rot on my bench this week and Spiller's a no-brainer play, but I'm still struggling over my 2nd flex spot.

I'm currently leaning towards Pettigrew and his 1.5 PPR, but Plaxico in a matchup he's sure to be up for against the horrid secondary of his former team is a start I can't stop thinking about. Titus Young also seems like a possible upside play.

I need to go with upside, upside, upside this week. Any thoughts as usual would be greatly appreciated. Hey Glenn, great question for tonight's chat room, but if I had to lean one way, I'd go with Plax. I think you're right, vs the Gmen in a must win, he has to come to play.

Best of luck man!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Originally posted by southpaw24:
Tough flex decision:

Laurent Robinson
DeSean Jackson
DeAng Williams (wouldn't normally consider him but he's vs. TB) My gut says DeSean in a huge matchcup vs the Cowgirls. Also thinking Deangelo this week. He looked great last week and I think they give him the rock again and again against TB. I know it doesnt feel great but it is what it is. Go DJack.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Thunder:
I have been reduced to this decision for flex.

JJones vs CHI
HDouglas VS NO

thoughts? James Jones it is man. They both have big play potential but Jones has flashed ability to take the role, and after a loss,I think they're going to count on him a bit more.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
OK, who to play between Tate or Jacobs,losing Demarco Murray in both my classics killed my chances for the big money. I like Tate this week. He's really running polished routes and seems to be getting open. Tavaris is going to have to throw because that SF is going to stuff the run even with an improved SEA offensive line.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Originally posted by Clonedawg:
Pick one of my crappy DST:

ARZ (at Cinci)

NE (vs Mia)

SEA (vs SF) I like playing the better teams. GIve me the Pats.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
The Boldin news has left me in a lurch....not that he was doing anything anyhow!

Preston Parker
Jacoby Jones
Jonathan Baldwin

Scary....I know. Provided you didn't start Jacoby, I like Parker but Baldwin is intriguing. Good things happening in KC and yes its a total flier, but I like his presence out on the field for this team. Parker however probably has the best chance to score a TD so I lean towards him.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
I'm a Boldin owner too. Whether he plays or not, him and his bad knee and unpredictable fantasy production will be on my bench. (Which means he may score 30 points this week. Lol)

So with Boldin out of my lineup, I need a flex...

Kevin Walter
James Starks
Jared Cook
Riley Cooper

? Provided you didn't start Walter, I lean towards Cook. Yes I know he's been a total disappointment, but maybe he's finally getting it together.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:23 pm

How bout this gem (1PPR and 1.5 TE)....need one..

Jared Cook
Sammy Morris (they play at 4:00, so have to gamble)
Mario Manningham