Championship week START-SIT?

Money

Post by Money » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
6th overall in the FFPC Main but in need of a miracle as my best player Arian Foster is already in the books and I'm 63 points behind the leader (who also has Foster done). I'm also 18 points behind 2nd & 3rd, both teams which have all their players still to play.

My brutal WDIS performance this year has really haunted me in this overall as I started Manningham over Pettigrew two weeks ago and last week swapped Manningham in for Spiller last minute (I've been absolutely sick about this all week) leaving a total of 36 very valuable points on my bench.

Manningham's dead to me now and will rot on my bench this week and Spiller's a no-brainer play, but I'm still struggling over my 2nd flex spot.

I'm currently leaning towards Pettigrew and his 1.5 PPR, but Plaxico in a matchup he's sure to be up for against the horrid secondary of his former team is a start I can't stop thinking about. Titus Young also seems like a possible upside play.

I need to go with upside, upside, upside this week. Any thoughts as usual would be greatly appreciated. Mr. Lowy,

You're one of my favorite message board fantasy players. I hate to chime in on such an important decision, but I'm going to do it.

It's Pettigrew with the 1.5 plain and simple. It will be a shootout and there should be enough to go around. I'm a Detroit guy and Pettigrew is going back into the beast mode that he showed earlier in the season. He's taking a leadership role after screwing up with a stupid penalty a few weeks ago.

Plexico? No chance. Young? The play is Pettigrew my friend.

Good Luck.
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:06 am

Originally posted by Money:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
6th overall in the FFPC Main but in need of a miracle as my best player Arian Foster is already in the books and I'm 63 points behind the leader (who also has Foster done). I'm also 18 points behind 2nd & 3rd, both teams which have all their players still to play.

My brutal WDIS performance this year has really haunted me in this overall as I started Manningham over Pettigrew two weeks ago and last week swapped Manningham in for Spiller last minute (I've been absolutely sick about this all week) leaving a total of 36 very valuable points on my bench.

Manningham's dead to me now and will rot on my bench this week and Spiller's a no-brainer play, but I'm still struggling over my 2nd flex spot.

I'm currently leaning towards Pettigrew and his 1.5 PPR, but Plaxico in a matchup he's sure to be up for against the horrid secondary of his former team is a start I can't stop thinking about. Titus Young also seems like a possible upside play.

I need to go with upside, upside, upside this week. Any thoughts as usual would be greatly appreciated. Mr. Lowy,

You're one of my favorite message board fantasy players. I hate to chime in on such an important decision, but I'm going to do it.

It's Pettigrew with the 1.5 plain and simple. It will be a shootout and there should be enough to go around. I'm a Detroit guy and Pettigrew is going back into the beast mode that he showed earlier in the season. He's taking a leadership role after screwing up with a stupid penalty a few weeks ago.

Good Luck.
[/QUOTE]Thanks for the kind words Joe, underserved but appreciated.

As far as chiming in, please never feel that way. I'm asking and the response is appreciated. If you throw in the last week of my Auction regular season with the two weeks completed of the FFPC Championships, I've asked for advice a total of three times this year on these threads. All three times you've responded and all three times you were dead on. If I had taken your advice those previous times, I'd be in a helluva happier position today than I'm currently in. So thank you.

Scott, thanks also for the advice. I wanted to but didn't get the opportunity to listen to your new show last night. If it's anything like your Red vs Blue broadcast, I'm sure it was an entertaining & informative show.

Good luck to everyone today in their own playoff battles. This is it, should be a blast.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:20 am

Good luck to everyone today. If anyone finds what happened to my fantasy mojo, please send me a PM. I've been trying to find it for 2 seasons now.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:37 am

Originally posted by Money:

Good Luck.
[/QUOTE]I agree with Joe here.....I like Pettigrew as well.

Off topic, but where did the old tagline go? That was one of my favorites of all time, and how I hope I DON'T feel today! :eek:

Gonna be a stressful x-mas eve.

Good luck buddy! :D

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:52 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
How bout this gem (1PPR and 1.5 TE)....need one..

Jared Cook
Sammy Morris (they play at 4:00, so have to gamble)
Mario Manningham I dont think the Cowboys play Felix today and Manningham is hurt and might not play.Cook came thru last week but what a bust this season.Morris actually looked good last week and a chance of 15 to 20 touches.
I would go Morris and playing him today in my son,s local league over Manningham and Lance Moore. good luck.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:17 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
How bout this gem (1PPR and 1.5 TE)....need one..

Jared Cook
Sammy Morris (they play at 4:00, so have to gamble)
Mario Manningham I dont think the Cowboys play Felix today and Manningham is hurt and might not play.Cook came thru last week but what a bust this season.Morris actually looked good last week and a chance of 15 to 20 touches.
I would go Morris and playing him today in my son,s local league over Manningham and Lance Moore. good luck.
[/QUOTE]That is the direction I am going. The 4:00 things was hanging me up a bit, but it isn't like even if Felix is active he will finish.

I was pretty sure Manningham wouldn't play, and hate chasing Cook's points, because he hasn't done squat otherwise.

Thanks Eddie, and good luck to you! :D

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 am

Originally posted by Scott Atkins:
quote:Originally posted by Clonedawg:
Pick one of my crappy DST:

ARZ (at Cinci)

NE (vs Mia)

SEA (vs SF) I like playing the better teams. GIve me the Pats.
[/QUOTE]SEA's averaging almost 17 PPG over their last 5 and they're at home trying to play spoiler to a division rival. I'd stick with them.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:02 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Money:

Good Luck.
[/QUOTE]I agree with Joe here.....I like Pettigrew as well.

Off topic, but where did the old tagline go? That was one of my favorites of all time, and how I hope I DON'T feel today! :eek:

Gonna be a stressful x-mas eve.

Good luck buddy! :D
[/QUOTE]Thanks Billy. I know you have a lot of balls in the air this week as well. Good luck with all those Bud. I would lean Morris over Cook today in your matchup, I think he's a surer bet to produce.

As far as that tag line, I had forgotten about that. I think I broke it out for the playoffs last year or the year before, but can't remember it now. Maybe it'll come to me later today and I'll switch back to it to give me some extra luck for today's games.

Again good luck Buddy, it'll be a stressful Christmas Eve alright, but a fun one as well.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:34 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

I need to go with upside, upside, upside this week. Any thoughts as usual would be greatly appreciated. Glenn, I think I'd go with Pettigrew.

Over the past 5 games, Pettigrew, Plax and Titus:
- Are pretty even in yards (183, 160, 195) and TDs (2, 2, 3)
- Pettigrew's scored a few more fantasy points per your scoring format than Plax or Titus (61.8, 58.5, 46)
- Pettigrew has a lot more targets: 36, 27, 25 and receptions: 21, 12, 14

Also...
Rotoworld (12/20/11):
Brandon Pettigrew caught five passes for 49 yards against the Raiders in Week 15.
He should have had at least one touchdown. Pettigrew dropped three passes, including one in the end zone. Matthew Stafford went right back to him on the next play, only to have a linebacker knock the ball out of Pettigrew's hand

As those super-annoying NFL Ticket commercials say (over and over again)... "Opportunity... opportunity..."
I'd go with the guy who is most a part of his team's offense = Pettigrew, IMO.

Best of luck Glenn.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:31 am

Thanks Mike, good luck to you today also.

By the way, I like the NFL ticket commercials.