SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:10 am

I'm waiting for KOTRAX (Ormond Rose) to post his picks, as he was the KING this year winning BOTH of Diesel's betting pools!

I say everyone wait on his, and take them to the bank! :D

Simply outstanding!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:37 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'm waiting for KOTRAX (Ormond Rose) to post his picks, as he was the KING this year winning BOTH of Diesel's betting pools!

I say everyone wait on his, and take them to the bank! :D

Simply outstanding! ...c'mon now Billy, you KNOW that I have hit these playoffs with like an 80% accuracy rate over the last five seasons here...honestly now, what does one need to do around these parts to get some handicapping respect anyway? ...GK
[/QUOTE]Glenn,

I also KNOW you consistently give YOURSELF enough respect for the entire MB 10x over. :rolleyes:

Your "self proclaimed" accuracy is impressive, but not as impressive as KOTRAX IMO.

[ January 06, 2010, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 am

Alrighty then! :D

I'll go with the following...in order of strength of conviction...

1) NE -3 (8-0 at home, coach Belichick and coach Brady usually win it all, not go one and done in the playoffs. BAL didn't beat any good team this year other than SD week 2)

2) ARI -1 (GB will suffer from their defensive injuries, and Warner will begin writing his memoir from the pocket, he'll have so much time. Rodgers deer-in-the-headlights eyes will almost blow up from the pressure of his first playoff game. The "good" ARI defense shows up at home and the Cardinals move on to the next round.)

3) CIN -2.5 (I'm not a fan of their team, nor their coach, but their defense should shut down Sanchez, and their running game with the three-headed-monster lawfirm of Benson, Johnson and Scott should tire out the Jets DEF and squeeze out a close win at home, where they've won 6 in a row.

4) PHI +4 (I'm giving the nod to Andy Reid and the entire PHI team as a whole. I like each of their OFF/DEF and ST to chip in to get them an exciting win. This game goes back and forth like a heavyweight title fight, with the team making the fewest mistakes getting the win. DAL has some sort of curse...and the new stadium can't shake it.)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:28 am

HMan takes all points available and goes for a "road sweep".

Philly- 4units
Pack- 3 units
Jets- 2 units
Raven Maniacs- 1 unit

USA Today headline next Monday:

"Home Field Disadvantage"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:15 am

Here's my take:

Packers: I think they're playing the better football right now. Both teams are vulnerable defensively but Arizona more so. This is not a homer pick but the Packers have the look of that late-season "hot" that could make a playoff run (so do the Cowboys. More on them in a bit).

Bengals: The two AFC "frauds" square off for the second week in a row. The Bengals will at least try this week but they don't strike me as being playoff-worthy. The Jets are less playoff-worthy in my opinion so I'll take the Bengals by virtue of them not stinking as bad as the Jets do.

Cowboys: I'm not sure we should read anything into last week's game. Andy Reid will have the Eagles better prepared. But Dallas is sizzling and the Eagles' play of late has been a bit uneven. The difference here is Dallas can run the ball (not as well as years past) whereas the Eagles want to throw it all day. Felix Jones could be an X factor in this game. I think this will be a much better game than last week but I like Dallas to win again.

Patriots: Losing Welker is obviously huge but Edelman has done well filling in. He's not Welker but he's not Joey Galloway either. The Ravens simply lack the offensive firepower and Joe Flacco is back to looking dazed and confused in the pocket. In order for the Ravens to win they will have to have a huge day throwing the ball because Brady will exploit the vulnerable Baltimore secondary. And I don't think Flacco's up to the challenge given how poor he's generally been in the second half of the season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich