Packers
Dallas
Jets
Balt

DOOMSDAY

SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

OK, I'm in...

J-E-T-S (-2.5) I think the Jets can actually beat Cincy, but either way I would anticipate a close game and I will take the points.

COWBOYS!!! (-4) Obviously, I like the Boys to continue pouncing on Philly and I would be surprised to see the Eagles score much more than 10 points tomorrow night.

Ravens (+3.5) I will take the points again in what I feel is another very close game, but looking for the upset outright with perhaps a much more inspired defensive effort than seen by them in qso far this season.

Cardinals (PK) in what I think is the lock of the week. I see a very strong Cardinals team, both offensively and defensively, at home in a pick-em... I like 'em.

and in case you are wondering...

NFC = Cowboys over Cardinals (no matter who wins this weekend I think the Vikes and Saints are getting ousted next week)

AFC = Colts over Chargers (the other four are no more than fodder)

Super Bowl = Cowboys over Colts

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey Glenn ... thanks for putting this together.

Nice fun contest to see who can pick the playoff spreads. Well done.
Hakuna Matata!

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey Snake, let me take a crack at this...not sure of exact lines but I'll go with your original ones.

COWBOYS -4(BEST BET)
Jets +4
Patriots -4
Cardinals -2
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

GK,

Are people picking against different lines here?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:05 am

Originally posted by GK:
...okay now we're getting somewhere here - 12 would be playoff prognasticators!...keep 'em coming and let's see who ends up as the Playoff & Super Bowl Handicapping Champion here (uhm, with all due modesty it has been yours truly four of the last five years - last season Team Canada took home that honour)...so who else wants to play? ...thanks much...GK No disrespect oh great one, but Hard Head here took home the crown with a 12-2 record last year. I even added the over under in the championship round and hit making it 14-2, but those 2 weren't part of the deal. That being said I still suck at prognosticating but will attempt to defend the crown.
Not sure what the latest lines are but I take:
Cowboys over Philly- Just playing to well right now and I believe they have the corners to take away Desean and Philly just can't run the ball.

Jets to cover vs Cincy. Too solid defenses and two bad offenses I will take the points in a close game.

Packers to beat the Cardinals. 2 of the hottest teams right now should roll this weekend as I think the Packers defense actually wins this game. No Boldin allows Woodson to blanket Fitz and the non stop blitzing gets to Warner.

Lastly in a game I don't feel good about at all I will go with the Patriots, just because I don't think the Ravens passing game is good enough to keep them in this game.

These games are not in order of how I like them just randomly written up. If I have to post em in any order I would go Cowboys, Packers, Jets, Pats
Here's to going 0-4 and embarrassing myself.