RedRyder

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by RedRyder » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:00 pm

How much did Westy practice last year?
@RedRyder

Diesel

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by Diesel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Fisher, yeah in 1994 Starks shot something crazy like 6-30(mostly from 3 point land...lol)in one playoff game. That was insane, but if you think about it, that's what got the Knicks to that point to begin with. Starks never backed down. Do you remember that left handed dunk OVER Jordan? WOW

And in 1995, that finger roll was an absolute score if Ewing slam dunked it. Why he decided to finger roll it is beyond me. I still respect him and if he wasn't a Knick, they never would have gotten so far, so it was what it was. Those years were GREAT basketball years with rivalries of Chicago and Indiana. Spike Lee doing the choke signal to Reggie Miller...Only to have Miller beat us in that playoff game by scoring 1,117 points in the last 8 seconds of the game. As he left victorious, he looked to Spike Lee and did the choke thing right back at him. KILLER.

P.S...Gekko is making SURE that every post I am around has something about Westbrook going down for good because we're in the same league together. He's intentionally making me sweat out this unknown status...But my guess is that Westbrook is playing, and will be on the injury report every week, all year long, while on his way to NFL MVP. :cool:
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by Diesel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:45 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
How much did Westy practice last year? Jules, I thought they milked him last year...This news is almost a mirror image of what happened last season...
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

TradeStar28

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:10 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Fisher, yeah in 1994 Starks shot something crazy like 6-30(mostly from 3 point land...lol)in one playoff game. That was insane, but if you think about it, that's what got the Knicks to that point to begin with. Starks never backed down. Do you remember that left handed dunk OVER Jordan? WOW

And in 1995, that finger roll was an absolute score if Ewing slam dunked it. Why he decided to finger roll it is beyond me. I still respect him and if he wasn't a Knick, they never would have gotten so far, so it was what it was. Those years were GREAT basketball years with rivalries of Chicago and Indiana. Spike Lee doing the choke signal to Reggie Miller...Only to have Miller beat us in that playoff game by scoring 1,117 points in the last 8 seconds of the game. As he left victorious, he looked to Spike Lee and did the choke thing right back at him. KILLER.

P.S...Gekko is making SURE that every post I am around has something about Westbrook going down for good because we're in the same league together. He's intentionally making me sweat out this unknown status...But my guess is that Westbrook is playing, and will be on the injury report every week, all year long, while on his way to NFL MVP. :cool: Diesel, I personally cannot stand Hoops anymore. Those memories you bring back were golden.....but it seems that both basketball and baseball are such tarnished sports now that I could never even think about watching either of them. And i am / was a diehard Yankees fan. The whole rent a player BS make me disinterested. I cheer for true yanks like jeter, rivera, bernie williams. I do enjoy posada because he is a stand up ballplayer and has done his job behind the plate for the yanks for a long time in baseball years for one team.

As far as the topic and Westy...honestly I have no clue about the extent of his injury....I was not lucky enuff to draft him @ 12th or any other resemblence of a good RB1 at that spot. I got Maroney and andre johnson, so i have my own woes, but i will try not to cry myself to sleep again tonite about them :(
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Raiders

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:34 am

Sounds like Hes a go.

da bears

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:39 am

Westbrook looks ok to me :D
Bauler Shot Caller

King of Queens

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:42 am

In the Ultimate League, I've got Westbrook while my opponent has Curtis. Imagine having one of these epic performances...and LOSING.

Coltsfan

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:52 am

I've got Westbrook and Curtis going in the main event - 111 points after the first half!!!

Wayne

King of Queens

WESTBROOK- PART TWO

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:57 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I've got Westbrook and Curtis going in the main event - 111 points after the first half!!!

Wayne Too bad you don't have McNabb, too!