Tom & Greg Live Chat: 3 pm ET Today

calsuer

Post by calsuer » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 am

Tom: when doing an "online draft"- if there is
some type of "glitch" (not anticipating any), will we be provided with a number to call you?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

Originally posted by calsuer:
Tom: when doing an "online draft"- if there is
some type of "glitch" (not anticipating any), will we be provided with a number to call you? Hey Cal, yes either myself or Geoff Stein will be available for all of our online drafts. We'll provide a # before the draft begins for you to call if you have any trouble.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 am

Originally posted by GK:
...Greg which do you thik is the tougher of the two in this "tough tough market" as you state here - the economy or the competition (I know that the answer will probably be both but in which order would you put it?)...I personally would put the "blame" on the economy first and the competition second but that's just me...thanks much...GK Well, the one positive about this football season for us is the number of new people who have joined the NFFC. We've all said how important it is to bring new players to the NFFC and that is definitely happening this year. We have a lot of first year members who are in the Online Championship or the main events who are really excited to play this year.

There is always competition and there was before. If we're not good enough to make people feel special and confident then they will always find another place to play. That could be online, live or even local. So that's not the biggest thing.

The economy is definitely tough and today the stock market went down 260+ points. I'm calling all of our past players and I enjoy talking with them and things are tough, tough, tough. I think everyone wants to play again, but some just can't do it. And while yes us hosting in multiple cities looks like it's hurt some cities, honestly those cities aren't drawing because our die-hard players haven't returned yet. If they do, we'll be fine. If the economy keeps them away, then there's nothing we can do because we are bringing the live drafts to them and even offering them online.

It's the economy stupid, as the politicians say, right? :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 am

Originally posted by Bruce In FL:
Thanks Greg, Tom. I appreciate the chat. Anytime Bruce. Honesty is the best policy and giving you folks a chance to ask great questions like you did today is the only way to go.

[ August 11, 2010, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:28 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Greg, Do you set your KDS the same for the leagues are drafting in? Gamers 2, would you care to share your KDS and would this be it if you were able to participate in the other high stakes leagues. leagues. Any reasoning behind your choices would be great.

Thanks. I went 1-4 because after doing so many mock drafts I still feel good about starting with a stud RB and I really like all four. I'll take MJD 3rd tomorrow night and not look back.

I went 10 after that because I see a good 1st-2nd option there. I also like 14, 13, 12 because then I know I'm going WR-WR and still finding some options at RB in Round 3. I don't mind that start at all. Last year in FFPC, Ryan and I took WRs with four of our first five picks and won a league title. I don't mind the WR-WR start.

I avoided 7,8 because the middle doesn't turn me on this year. Not in the first, not in the second, not in the third. I could do okay there, but given my preference, that doesn't turn me on with the talent coming back.

Money

Post by Money » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Greg, Do you set your KDS the same for the leagues are drafting in? Gamers 2, would you care to share your KDS and would this be it if you were able to participate in the other high stakes leagues. leagues. Any reasoning behind your choices would be great.

Thanks. I went 1-4 because after doing so many mock drafts I still feel good about starting with a stud RB and I really like all four. I'll take MJD 3rd tomorrow night and not look back.

I went 10 after that because I see a good 1st-2nd option there. I also like 14, 13, 12 because then I know I'm going WR-WR and still finding some options at RB in Round 3. I don't mind that start at all. Last year in FFPC, Ryan and I took WRs with four of our first five picks and won a league title. I don't mind the WR-WR start.

I avoided 7,8 because the middle doesn't turn me on this year. Not in the first, not in the second, not in the third. I could do okay there, but given my preference, that doesn't turn me on with the talent coming back.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Greg, Generation X was on top of his game today. Possibly a live chat with the head of IT in the future.

Draft Board looks great and is a must in the draft room.

The live toggle will be great, I've had no problems simply opening multiple windows.

What are the rules for the ultimate "Live Draft". Number of individuals per team? Electrical outlets for computers?

Thanks Again.
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Thanks for the responses on my technical questions Greg...I appreciate it. (and yes, McCluster was one of the guys I was curious about, Cribbs another )

Now a couple signups questions....

1- Online Championships - Reviewing the NFFC Online Championships signup page, I noticed one date where two people with the same last name are listed. I'm assuming they may be related and may have even picked the same date hoping to join the league together thinking it would be fun. However, doesn't this create a potential collusion concern? What's the NFFC's policy if it turns out only one league fills for that date and those two were two of the initial twelve signed up?

2- Auction Championships - I know the goal is to fill leagues completely within each city due to the complexity of holding a multi-city auction draft when compared to other formats. However, there's real potential that the leagues don't fill evenly within city. What's the NFFC's game plan if that occurs?

3- Auction & DC Championships - What were the NFFC's preseason goals as far as signups for these two formats? Will they reach them? Will there be any issues if current signups don't increase? What about the goals for the Main & Primetime, what were they and are they still likely to be hit?

Thanks for your time guys,
Glenn ...are you playing in the NFFC this season Glenn?...GK
[/QUOTE]Of course, 8 teams and counting.

Glenn

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:47 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
A couple quick technical questions related more towards convenience and fun than critical functionality....

1- As you know, I've been asking about the Live Scoring Toggle in baseball for awhile now. Will it be ready for opening weekend in football? For those of us with multiple teams in the NFFC, I'd hate to go back & forth between the "My Teams" page and each league page when I want to check scoring.Okay, we're both here and ready to go. Good, good questions Glenn and I'll start with them one at a time.

I just asked about this yesterday. As you know we have toggles for each area on the NFBC site working well except Live Scoring. I'm told it is programmed and can be running. I just asked to get more specifics and to make sure football will have that and I'll post the answers when I get those answers. I hear ya that in football this is very, very crucial to having fun on Sundays.
[/QUOTE]See, you've already gotten things done Glenn!! :D The baseball toggle for Live Scoring is being fixed and hopefully will be live this week. I know that troublesome bugger is being looked at.
[/QUOTE]This is great news for baseball....and as you wrote earlier, a big plus for the fun factor on football Sunday mornings.

Glenn

[ August 11, 2010, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks for the responses on my technical questions Greg...I appreciate it. (and yes, McCluster was one of the guys I was curious about, Cribbs another )

Now a couple signups questions....

1- Online Championships - Reviewing the NFFC Online Championships signup page, I noticed one date where two people with the same last name are listed. I'm assuming they may be related and may have even picked the same date hoping to join the league together thinking it would be fun. However, doesn't this create a potential collusion concern? What's the NFFC's policy if it turns out only one league fills for that date and those two were two of the initial twelve signed up?

2- Auction Championships - I know the goal is to fill leagues completely within each city due to the complexity of holding a multi-city auction draft when compared to other formats. However, there's real potential that the leagues don't fill evenly within city. What's the NFFC's game plan if that occurs?

3- Auction & DC Championships - What were the NFFC's preseason goals as far as signups for these two formats? Will they reach them? Will there be any issues if current signups don't increase? What about the goals for the Main & Primetime, what were they and are they still likely to be hit?

Thanks for your time guys,
Glenn 1. Nobody will have two teams in the same OC league. That owner can draft two different teams at once since that's the only time that works for him on that day, but he won't be in the same league and he certainly doesn't want it.

2. This one is tough. We obviously want the NFFC Auction Championship to sell like the NFBC one did. That was a great start to that national championship idea. I want to fill 5 leagues over the three cities, but NY and Chicago need help. Tom and I are calling all past participants and we're still hopeful, but you are right decisions have to be made very soon. The goal is filling up the 4+ leagues that are close now.

3. 7 leagues each for AC and DC. 322 teams for Classic and 300 for Primetime. We had 294 and 276 last year. We're at about 220 and 170 now. We need a strong push, but other events are really, really strong and our total revenue for 2010 NFFC has already surpassed 2009. So while this is a tough market for everyone in this space, we see some positives and obviously owning the back end is critical to our future. We are confident that this is the way to go in this tough, tough market.
[/QUOTE]Thanks for all the info today Greg. It's appreciated.
I wanted to respond to this sooner, but I had to get back to work for a bit. Don't you hate when work gets in the way of fun?

Regarding item #1, I wasn't really referring to the date where the same person is signed up twice for that time. I figured you guys would never let that happen.
I was referring to where two members of the same family are signed up for the same time.
What's the NFFC's policy in that regard?

See below copied & pasted from the Online Championships Signup page. Thanks.

6. Allen Badeau, Morgantown, West Virginia
7. Amy Badeau, Morgantown, West Virginia

Glenn

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:25 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I was referring to where two members of the same family are signed up for the same time.
What's the NFFC's policy in that regard?

See below copied & pasted from the Online Championships Signup page. Thanks.

6. Allen Badeau, Morgantown, West Virginia
7. Amy Badeau, Morgantown, West Virginia

Glenn Glenn, quit picking on Amyallen !

[ August 11, 2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]