jay cutler. my first qb pick.

Route Collectors

NINTH ROUND

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:49 pm

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Ben Roethlisberger (as my starter) :D Same here. [/QUOTE]Shoot, he went in the ELEVENTH in one NY league! :eek:
[/QUOTE]I have to say, Billy, you should be the LAST guy using the bugeyes icon today. The guys that fell to you in the first five rounds was SICK. Gore in 1. Green in 4, Edwards in 5. SICK.
[/QUOTE]How did Edwards make this list...if anything he was a pick or 2 early. :confused:

dcc1973

NINTH ROUND

Post by dcc1973 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Oddly enough with the topic of this thread, we took Phillip Rivers in the 9th as our starting QB. We were very suprised that Rivers was available when guys like Delhomme and Eli were already gone.

In the same league as 4D, and not only did one guy get 3 QBs in the first 10 rounds, but another team took McNabb in the 4th and Vince Young in the 7th.

[ September 03, 2007, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: David Comings ]

BillyWaz

NINTH ROUND

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
BillyWaz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SNAKE:
...with all due respect to Billyboy's FF prowess, with Gore & Big Ben slipping like that to Waz absolutely makes him lucky ISHO...SNAKE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gore was a gift Snake, but honestly, there are 4 (possibly 5) others I would have taken before him. KOQ is an outstanding player and he passed on him at #5. Gekko said he had Maroney ahead of him, so you can see how sometimes people slip.

As far as Big Ben, I played the "waiting game". Had I NEEDED to take him in the 8th, I would have, but I gambled no one behind me would take him and they didn't.

In your league Snake, what top 5 WR's were available at your pick in the 2nd (just Wayne)and what WR's besides Walker were still available to you when you took him in the 3rd rounder?

Just curious?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Chad, S.Smith, T.O, Harrison (in that order) were taken before Wayne but as you can see, with Wayne being the #3 overall WR on the SNAKEcheatsheet, the choice was rather simple...SNAKE That is what I am talking about. I didn't have a choice of those 5, so I took Fitz (I had him AJ and Housh pretty tight).

Were Colston or Evans available when you took Walker?

mkrucek

NINTH ROUND

Post by mkrucek » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:49 am

Originally posted by David Comings:
Oddly enough with the topic of this thread, we took Phillip Rivers in the 9th as our starting QB. We were very suprised that Rivers was available when guys like Delhomme and Eli were already gone.

In the same league as 4D, and not only did one guy get 3 QBs in the first 10 rounds, but another team took McNabb in the 4th and Vince Young in the 7th. Yuo're right, David. And you took Rivers right before we were going to. Thankfully you didn't already have Bulger. And it was very nice meeting you in person. Good luck this year.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

BONGIZMO

NINTH ROUND

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:54 am

I got caught in a QB run much like Gekko, watched three I had targeted get taken shortly before I was hoping to get them. The hard part was people were grabbing them in some cases as their second QB errgo I ended up Alex Smith in the ninth. Like his upside but didn't expect to have to pull the trigger at that juncture...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BillyWaz

NINTH ROUND

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 am

1) Maybe you are right. It was a tough call, but I don't think Fitz will disappint and will put up 2nd round numbers (If Wayne would have fell just ONE MORE spot!)

2) There are 14 WR's now (with Driver being iffy) IMO, and Colston was the only one sitting there when I picked. Thank God, because if it wasn't him, I would have had to take Gates, which would have thrown my whole draft in a different direction.