Free Agency 2X Per Week

kjduke

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by kjduke » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:08 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I am totally against any minimum bids for ANY FAAB bids - totally ridiculous Agree, we should be able to spend as needed.

Ted's Cracked Head

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:32 pm

The minimum price idea for a 2nd period to pick up players was mine so go easy on greg.

Now if there was a way to pick up players off of the wire after the FA period without bidding, that could be interesting?

I would put a premium price on these pickups of say 25-50 FA $$ per move. That way you pay for a Sunday morning pickup and it adds another level of strategy as you need to bank some of those dollars to make these moves. Just a thought. The thought was not for a bidding process but a way to drop and select on the fly.

For bidding I agree, you should be able to bid any amount but if you can merely select a player to plug in, then you should pay a premium.

That is all I was saying.

I think it would allow teams to field more competitive teams and they would pay a premiuim to do so.

They would also have to manage their cash better to make this happen adding another layer of strategy for the waiver process.

[ November 15, 2008, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Rob B ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Raiders

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Raiders » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:43 am

Having the two days of bidding, was confusing or some were confused in WCOFF this year over this same thing. First 9 weeks in my League all 12 teams pickup players. Week 10 Wednesday night just 3 teams plus myself pickup players. I'm not complaining I got S.Hill with a buck. :D

But any time you add rules to an event it favors the guys who can read and know the rules. :D
So I would be in favor of having a Wednesday and Friday when there is Thursday games only.

John