I'm Back; Let's Chat On Monday At 2 ET

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by FISHER:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Welcome back tom. Couple questions for you...
1) Do you think I can win the 100K this year without selecting a wr in the first 5 rounds?
#1) It would be more difficult to win the NFFC by not taking a WR in the first 5 rounds then it would be not taking a RB in the first 5 rounds. The leagues format has you starting ATLEAST 3 WR's and 2 RB's and then on Flex so it would be hard to find guys who will give you solid PPR production outside of the top 5 rounds unless you draft 3 guys like Muhsin Muhammed, like you did in 2004 : )
[/QUOTE]I wasn't going to answer this (as I figured it was addressed to Tom), but since you did Fisher...... :D

Last year in Chicago 2 I took the following players with my first 5 picks (from the 9 spot);

1- RB Rudi Johnson
2- RB Brian Westbrook
3- RB Frank Gore
4- TE Todd Heap
5- WR Rod Smith

Now in this scenario, Rod Smith was WORTHLESS, so it CAN be done. However, I think you have to hit on ALL of your RB's, and I personally don't see any RB's #2 and #3 hitting in this year's draft like Westy and Gore did (not that anyone saw Gore doing that well last year).

If you have a top 3 pick, it MIGHT be able to be done, but taking NO WR's??????

I personally think that is a bit much.
[/QUOTE]Hey Billy...was there any solid Round 4 WR's that you coulda drafted over TE Heap ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:21 am

Welcome back Cheesehead :D

Give us your take on the RB for the Packers:
How do they start the season?
What do you think the split will be for the season?
Is Herron still third behind Morency & Jackson?

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:37 am

Tom, welcome back from a much deserved, way too short vaca.

Having seen several drafts using 3RR, what would your KDS listings look like right now?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Welcome back tom. Couple questions for you...
1) Do you think I can win the 100K this year without selecting a wr in the first 5 rounds?

2) This time of year most reports are that players are in the best shapes of their careers; a new offensive system is in place that will allow qb's to play up to their potential; wr sleepers are really looking great in camp; etc...

How much of that is shitt and how can you tell?

3) If duece mccallister, fred taylor, and d.foster all remain relatively healthy this year, do you see the owners of r.bush, m.drew, and d.williams as donations this year, given their adp? I'll answer a few of these early and then we'll resume at 2

1. I think it would be a very interesting strategy - almost the reverse of what the Zwickel's did in New York last year. And they won a lot of money from us with their approach.

2. I think a lot of it is spin and you just have to trust your gut in many ways. For me, it comes down to my belief in talent first and foremost. If I believe a player can play then I factor that into the equation above everything else. To me, that's the most important criteria that I use and I don't let that sway me unless there are clear signs telling me I should.

3. Williams maybe but not the other two. Bush and Jones-Drew will be no worse than strong RB2s this season regardless of what happens with Deuce and Taylor.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:44 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Hey Tom welcome back. I can't make the chat today but I have a couple of questions.

1) Does LJ end up playing for the Chiefs this year?

2) Can Cedric Benson hold up for the entire year? I really have my doubts because of his recent injury problems, and believe it was a huge mistake to trade Jones away.

3) Who is going to be the starting running back for the Titans, Packers, and Lions in Week 1?

Thanks Tom 1. I think LJ plays for the Chiefs. I think they ultimately cave because they have zero leverage. They're going to stink without him.

2. I think Benson will be fine. I think he's a talented guy and as long as he stays motivated he'll do very well in that offense.

3. White/Morency/Tatum Bell.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:45 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Welcome back Cheesehead :D

Give us your take on the RB for the Packers:
How do they start the season?
What do you think the split will be for the season?
Is Herron still third behind Morency & Jackson? I think Morency is the "starter" in Week 1 but the two split carries and Jackson eventually becomes the starter. But Morency will remain in the mix. I think the split will ultimately be something along the lines of 65-35 for Jackson. Herron is a distant third barring injury.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:46 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Tom, welcome back from a much deserved, way too short vaca.

Having seen several drafts using 3RR, what would your KDS listings look like right now? I'd probably go 1-5 and then 14 back to 6. I still want one of those top RBs if I can get one - especially in any type of PPR format where someone like Westbrook and Bush have so much value.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:55 am

Tom,

If jets release kendall, what effect on T. Jones

Who do you see as #2 WR in Carolina? Any value?
Jeff Potok

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:02 am

Tom....2 things

1)Is it too hard (less than 25% chance) to win picking a QB in the first 2 rounds.

2) If so...why do you think owners do it anyway?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 am

Do you think we will see more LT owners going WR/WR/WR or mixing in a TE/QB combo rather than getting another RB in the 1st 4 rounds?