I'm Back; Let's Chat On Monday At 2 ET

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:39 am

Tom, glad to have you back in the fold.

My question concerns the draft in New York. Do you expect any surprises at the Hilton this year?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:40 am

No change with the running game other than Dunn or Norwood or both could get a couple extra TDs. Harrington brings a stronger threat as a passer than Vick does (how sad is that to say?).
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:43 am

Is it possible for L.Jordan (gasp) to return to at least RB2 form this year? I know he was dreadful in 2006 but his ADP is amazingly low for a starter with no real competition for the 1st 4 weeks.

I guess the real question for me is...could he be the RB2 your team is looking for if you draft RB/WR/WR/WR to start?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:44 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

My question concerns the draft in New York. Do you expect any surprises at the Hilton this year? I think everyone stays seated and nobody purchases half of a liquor store before the auction. How's that? ;)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:45 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Is it possible for L.Jordan (gasp) to return to at least RB2 form this year? I know he was dreadful in 2006 but his ADP is amazingly low for a starter with no real competition for the 1st 4 weeks.

I guess the real question for me is...could he be the RB2 your team is looking for if you draft RB/WR/WR/WR to start? No.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:53 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:

I guess the real question for me is...could he be the RB2 your team is looking for if you draft RB/WR/WR/WR to start? No.
[/QUOTE]LMAO :D

OK Tom that was funny but I'm not letting you off the hook that easily.

Give me an analysis of the Raiders running game plan for 2007. The run schedule isn't bad so break it down for me.

Do you hate Jordan? 2005 he had a great stat line. Do you think Kiffin will split the load too much among ALL healthy RB's in 2007? C'mon Tom...meat and potatoes man....meat and potatoes.

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:55 am

Thanks Tom. I took all 4 in another DC league a few weeks ago.

I've been criticized for taking two QB's (Palmer/McNabb) in the first five rounds of a DC league. What are your thoughts? My best RB is Bush but didn't take another one til late (L. White). Also, do you think I should avg 30+ a week from the QB position? Thoughts please.

Thanks

[ July 23, 2007, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: TURBOUGH ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:56 am

I really think the Raiders are a mess. Jordan isn't hurt by Rhodes' suspension but I don't think he'll be anything better than a mediocre RB3. His value in 2005 really was a result of his reception total and there's no indication he'll be that involved as a receiver this season. I don't see the Raiders scoring many touchdowns either. To me, Rhodes looks like Reuben Droughns last season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:56 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

My question concerns the draft in New York. Do you expect any surprises at the Hilton this year? I think everyone stays seated and nobody purchases half of a liquor store before the auction. How's that? ;)
[/QUOTE]See in Vegas...they get liquored up and take out their frustations on all the girls floating around. I guess in New York....a day trip away from the wife and no outlet....It must be a war there!!

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:01 am

Hey, Tom.

What's the earliest you'd consider drafting either Chicago or Baltimore Defense this year, and which do you think will be stronger in 2007 from a pure Fantasy perspective? Although Chicago has lost some punch, their SOS still looks enticing.

Thanks!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven