2nd Main Event Option Now Available

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:24 am

When we started the NFFC in 2004, the idea of having multiple draft dates and times for the main event was unheard of and would not have been accepted initially by our players. I even felt that having one draft date and the same draft start in all time zones was essential to the success of the contest.

But the industry has changed and now the NFFC must too.

The NFFC is currently the only high-stakes contest NOT to have multiple draft dates, which makes it tough for our die-hard customers to draft more than one team in either the NFFC Classic or NFFC Primetime. When I look at that now it doesn’t make sense since EVERY OTHER NFFC contest allows owners multiple chances to win. You can draft at two different times in the NFFC Auction Championship or the NFFC Draft Champions Championship or the NFFC Online Championship or even the NFFC Super.

So why can’t you draft multiple times in the NFFC Classic or NFFC Primetime if you want to? The WCOFF offers a second option BEFORE their live main event and the FFPC actually does an online main event AFTER their live event. And nobody is objecting to that. In fact, people are applauding the multiple draft dates and times.

Heck, in the NFFC we’ve had people take multiple teams in the Classic and Primetime in the past as they jumped from draft table to draft table. Dave Gerczak won the 2008 Primetime championship with two entries. Julian Curry had three entries last year in the Primetime and Jared Danielsen has two entries in the Classic this year.

So now it’s time for us to change and give our owners an alternative draft date away from the busy Labor Day weekend while allowing our die-hard customers a chance to take a second Classic and Primetime team. We are offering a second online draft day for each main event and they will be held BEFORE the live events. Our online software has a huge draft board that easily allows owners the chance to see each pick with colored positions – just like the live events – and we’ll have NFFC coordinators in each online draft to make sure every pick is what the owners want.

So these second options will be held online, although there is space in Las Vegas if demand warrants it for a live/online draft. The NFFC Classic will now include a Thursday, Sept. 2nd online draft, while the NFFC Primetime will now include a Wednesday, Sept. 1st online draft. I tentatively would like to do one start time around 8 pm ET, but if folks feel that’s unfair to either Coast, I could easily do one at 7 pm ET and one at 10 pm ET on both days.

Again, with Labor Day weekend being a very tough time for folks from what I’m hearing, this gives some owners a chance to still compete in our main events without disrupting the last family vacation of the season. This new time is for them because I’ve heard from many folks who say they just can’t do it on Labor Day weekend. In fact, we’ve heard that for seven years now. I should have created multiple draft times years ago.

And we obviously are also doing this for our die-hard customers who may want a second shot at the $100,000 and $50,000 grand prizes. In fact, we’ll more than make it worth your while. If you take a second NFFC Classic team, we’ll knock off the $50 Events Fee and give you a $100 referral fee, making that second team $1,300. Plus the first 14 Classic signups will get an autographed Chris Johnson mini-helmet, valued at $250.

If you sign up for a second NFFC Primetime team, we’ll knock off the $50 Events Fee and give you a $50 referral fee for a total cost of $800. Plus the next 24 Primetime signups get an autographed Rich Gannon mini-helmet, valued at $75.

I know this is short notice and I know I should have planned ahead for this, but we know a lot of people make their decisions over these last two weeks and I just felt it was time for the NFFC to change along with the competition. I’m now more confident than ever that the NFFC draft software is ideal for this and if we need to incorporate phones to make this work we will. It’s set up for this new move and our players say they want it. So let’s do it.

We have 230+ signups already for the NFFC Classic and 180+ now for the NFFC Primetime. Last year we hit 294 and 252 respectively. I think we can equal or top those numbers with a strong late push and this move will help. Now we need even numbers for these dates, so obviously the first multiples of 14 and 12 teams, respectively, gets in. Then we’ll try for a second league and see where it takes us. We will send daily emails to make sure everyone knows about this latest move and Geoff Stein will be in charge of the online drafts.

We will set this up on the Registration page today under Classic, Online with the draft dates and times. We won’t hit credit cards until the first league is full. If you need more information or just tentatively want to secure a spot, contact me at [email protected] or at 715-254-5553. I can do that and see how the interest is in this format real quickly.

Our numbers for both main events are going to be solid, but if this additional draft date helps anyone get in or allows someone to get a second team that they always wanted, then it makes sense. Nobody gains an advantage by drafting 2-3 days early and all draft results will obviously be sealed. So it’s a win-win for everyone if we’re not too late.

See ya on Draft Day and take advantage of the non-Labor Day weekend times if they work better for you. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 am

Sweeeeeet. Matt Bauler signed up in record time and loves the idea. Glad to have the first diehard on board!! :D

NFFC Classic Online
Thursday, Sept. 2, TBD
1. Matt Bauler, Memphis, Tennessee
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Sweeeeeet. Matt Bauler signed up in record time and loves the idea. Glad to have the first diehard on board!! :D

NFFC Classic Online
Thursday, Sept. 2, TBD
Thanks Greg Like you said the other two major high stakes fantasy contests are allowing others to draft multiple times so why not the NFFC also. Plus Labor day weekend may not be good for all to draft so this gives those people another chance to join the best fantasy football high stakes contest out there.

I love getting another crack at bringing home the $100,000 grand prize! :cool:

So who else wants to join me!! :cool:

[ August 16, 2010, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 am

Great news Greg.

As you know I have some conflicts on those two dates, but if you can offer some options on the start times, I'd almost certainly jump in.

Maybe offer a 7PM Main Event & 10PM Primetime on Wednesday and a 7PM Primetime & 10PM Main Event on Thursday to accomodate both the East & West Coast for both events. (The fact that it would also help my scheduling problems is just icing.... ).

If not, that's just what I get for locking in too early to other commitments.

Either way, I think multiple draft dates is the way to go.

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:25 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Great news Greg.

As you know I have some conflicts on those two dates, but if you can offer some options on the start times, I'd almost certainly jump in.

Maybe offer a 7PM Main Event & 10PM Primetime on Wednesday and a 7PM Primetime & 10PM Main Event on Thursday to accomodate both the East & West Coast for both events. (The fact that it would also help my scheduling problems is just icing.... ).

If not, that's just what I get for locking in too early to other commitments.

Either way, I think multiple draft dates is the way to go.

Glenn Man, you're right on. King of Queens also suggested that today as well to make sure all East Coast and West Coast drafters have options.

Tom is adding it to the Registration page now:

Classic on Thursday, Sept. 2nd at 7 pm ET
Classic on Thursday, Sept. 2nd at 10 pm ET

Primetime on Wednesday, Sept. 1st at 7 pm ET
Primetime on Wednesday, Sept. 1st at 10 pm ET

Let's see if that helps folks who can't draft on Labor Day weekend and for those NFFC owners who still want to compete in one more league. If you need one more 14-team fix, this is IT!! :D

Okay, thanks for the support. It will be good for all of us and in the future the NFFC will have these additional dates and times from the get-go. Sorry I wasn't smarter sooner.

[ August 16, 2010, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

These dates and times have now been added to the Registration page.

[ August 16, 2010, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 am

its wednesday sept 1 for primetime.....not thursday..but i think people get it based off the first message in this thread..just want to clarify

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:04 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Just as a heads up, anyone that signs up for this will need a credit applied. The system is picking up the total cost for a Thursday Classic signup as $1450, when it actually should be $1300.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:05 am

Great, Rich Dunn couldn't do the main event because it was on Labor Day weekend, but he can do it now with the Thursday option. This is EXACTLY why we should have done this long ago. Rich is already in the Super League, but we almost couldn't get him in the Classic league but now we can. That's great news. Okay, let's keep it going and see if we can fill a couple of these earlier leagues.

Here's the signup list for this one:

NFFC Classic Online
Thursday, Sept. 2, 7 & 10 ET
2. Rich Dunn, Scottsdale, Arizona

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Just as a heads up, anyone that signs up for this will need a credit applied. The system is picking up the total cost for a Thursday Classic signup as $1450, when it actually should be $1300.
[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up Glenn. I will adjust that manually when we fill up the leagues and send everything into accounting.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich