Post-Lockout Thread (Free Agency, Trades, Camps Let's Talk About It)

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 am

i think marion barber will be a nice addition to some team looking for a good backup.....ravens maybe

SS

Post by SS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 am

I completely agree Wahoo. Tom, do you think it's realistic that the Bears would sign Sidney Rice?
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:29 am

Ok, no S.Moss because he's a little person. But what if New England signed Sidney Rice AND D'Angelo Williams? Would they be the clear cut favorite to win the Superbowl?

Marion Barber has been drafted almost as late as Tiki Barber in these early drafts I've been doing. If he ends up with a role like Willis Mcgahee has had, he would be the steal of the pre season drafts.

I think I read somewhere that St.Louis is going to roll with Kendricks at TE. I'm pretty sure they're looking for a guy like Sidney Rice. They may end up settling for a Braylon Edwards caliber wide receiver, but they will get another receiving weapon to help Bradford.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:37 am

Originally posted by SS:
I completely agree Wahoo. Tom, do you think it's realistic that the Bears would sign Sidney Rice? Doesn't sound like they're interested although that's another team that really needs a legit No. 1 WR. I'd love him on the Rams. That could help turn Bradford into a Top 10 fantasy QB. All he needs is a legit go-to WR to work with. His talent is impressive.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am

Oh my!!! Seahawks apparently will enter season with Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart as their QBs. Hasselbeck reportedly going to Tennessee and Kolb to Arizona. Hasn't Seattle suffered enough this baseball season? :D Now they get T-Jax as their starting QB?? WOW.

Thoughts?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Oh my!!! Seahawks apparently will enter season with Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart as their QBs. Hasselbeck reportedly going to Tennessee and Kolb to Arizona. Hasn't Seattle suffered enough this baseball season? :D Now they get T-Jax as their starting QB?? WOW.

Thoughts? Jackson/Leinart/Whitehurst turns BMW into a Yugo.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:23 am

The Jets are reportedly in serious discussions with Nnamdi Asomugha. If they sign him, they could have the most formidable CB duo in NFL history with Asomugha and Revis. I'm not sure how teams can game plan to have extensive success in the passing game against the two of them. That would be a gigantic move for the Jets. They still have offensive issues to deal with (specifically in the passing game) but their defense would be potentially lethal.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:23 am

DeAngelo Williams is expected to announce today whether he's going to sign with the Panthers, Broncos or Giants.

Jonathan Stewart owners especially (and Knowshon Moreno owners) are sweating out this decision.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Jets are reportedly in serious discussions with Nnamdi Asomugha. If they sign him, they could have the most formidable CB duo in NFL history with Asomugha and Revis. I'm not sure how teams can game plan to have extensive success in the passing game against the two of them. That would be a gigantic move for the Jets. They still have offensive issues to deal with (specifically in the passing game) but their defense would be potentially lethal. can't see the jets blowing half the salary cap on two players.

My Niners will sign him. they will drop Clements, didnt sign Baas, saving up their coins

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:38 am

Sounds like Asomugha is willing to take less than market value to play for the Jets. That's very impressive. You don't see many players willing to do that - especially someone with his elite ability.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich