Post-Lockout Thread (Free Agency, Trades, Camps Let's Talk About It)

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 am

I don't like Miller fantasy wise there at all. Atleast not until they draft a QB next year. He would be the #1 target in oakland again. It obviously kills any value carlson has there. And takes a some of the shine off of miller at the same time. I think it does hurt the depth at TE a little.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 am

Yeah, Miller and Sidney Rice are non-entities for me at this point. That QB situation is awful. Now for those in Keeper/Dynasty leagues, I'd say now is a great time to buy low on those guys if you can. If the Seahawks land a good QB in the draft next year, Rice and Miller will see their value rise, potentially considerably depending on who the QB turns out to be.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 am

Jerious Norwood has signed with the Rams. They're also interested in signing Cadillac Williams. I'd view Caddy, if he signs there, as the primary backup to SJax. Norwood is more of a third-down back. He's explosive enough to cut into SJax's third-down snaps a bit. But I don't think this move seriously impacts him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

doobie

Post by doobie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Bengals owner, Mike Brown, states "Carson Palmer signed a contract, he made a commitment. He gave us his word...we expected him to perform here. If he is goint to walk away from his commitment we aren't going to reward him for doing it."

I would love to hear Mr. Brown explain why this same principle didn't (doesn't) apply to Ochocinco and why he was willing trade him and help(?) his team! Pretty sure Chad was "rewarded"!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:21 am

Cadillac Williams has signed with the Rams. St. Louis has upgraded its depth behind Steven Jackson but SJax owners have no reason to fear Caddy or Norwood. Neither are a threat to his playing time. So his value remains secure.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich