help me pick my keepers in my home league

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:25 pm

yeah i was looking forward to keeping Fargas, but I don't think he goes for 10 bucks w/ Mcfadden there. 6or7 maybe.

Watson, I watched a bunch of their games last year. He found holes and hit them hard. I don't understand why no one is talking about him for the upcoming year. I feel like I shouldn't keep him either just because most likely no one is going to be targeting him. he'll go for 5 at the most.

i am trying to convince the guy with Marshawn Lynch (24 bucks) to give him to me for Big Ben. He seemed like he wanted to do it a few weeks ago.

[ May 09, 2008, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri May 09, 2008 3:49 pm

I'd keep the 2 QB's and throw the rest back into the hopper. If you could get Lynch for Ben that would be a real coup. Good luck.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat May 10, 2008 5:12 am

I agree with Kape - I would keep Fargas for 11.

I would also keep both QBs. Otherwise, start fresh this year.

Your core, Jackson - Boldin - Ward, are all overpriced.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat May 10, 2008 5:42 am

If you do keep Boldin, keep HIM without the raise, instead of anyone else. I would keep Big Ben, even at $11.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sat May 10, 2008 11:35 am

I would keep Crayton and Roethlisberger

I would probably keep Jackson. If he went for $80 last year ... I doubt he will go for less this year. I'm guessing he won't go for under $80 if he goes back up.

On the flip side ... you can keep him for two more years if he does go back up and you get him again.

I see a lot of deals and steals at RB (not to mention other positions) this year in a keeper league like yours ... Turner, Grant, Peterson, Lynch, Barber, Graham, White, Lewis, Maroney (Brady, Romo, Anderson, Edwards, Welker, Bowe, Whitten, Clark) to name a few. This will just infuse more available cash into the draft and cause available players (especially RB's) to be priced higher. Jackson might go for between 90-100? With the keeper rules you have ... I would consider pricing players as if everyone started with about $230 (ave player saves $30 bucks on keepers), so most players will draft at a 15% premium is my best guess. Would Jackson be worth $70 in a non keeper league? In my opinion he would.

I don't know what middle backup QB's will go for in your draft ... unless you really want him ... if you roll the dice ... you might get Garrard for less than 6 bucks?

My 2 cents
Hakuna Matata!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:32 pm

hey what do you guys think of Julius Jones for 20? Guy says he's not keeping him. i may be able to convince the guy to give him to me.

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 am

BOO,i think jjones will be happy to be in seattle,but its even more crowded then dallas.morris,duckett,and jj add up to alot of decisions for holmgren,unless there going to run the wishbone,i think you could spend $ more wisely.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sun May 11, 2008 7:02 am

It depends on how your RB's roll in your auction. He moves up from last year and has a big up side in Seattle. If 20 is your final price (not 26). I would get him. He will go for more in the auction and you need guys with big upsides since you don't really have keepers this year (in reality ... it like your starting with less money than others).

In your situation ... I would take him for $20.
Hakuna Matata!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:34 am

this just in: my brother wasn't planning on keeping Portis, who's 28 right now. he's contemplating giving me him for Crayton. I gotta think that's a good deal. I need some 1st/2nd round caliber players.