Peyton Manning mess

mattjb

Peyton Manning mess

Post by mattjb » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 am

Originally posted by SS:
I think the Colts are waiting to see if they have to put Manning on IR. I think he is done this year, which is too bad because he is on my Online Championship team... done for the year is a big call...

SS

Peyton Manning mess

Post by SS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:11 am

Well, you have to read the tea leaves, and they are saying he may need a second neck surgery, that would put him out for the rest of the year. I don't believe anything the Colts management is dishing out, until I see him put on the PUP or IR...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

particra

Peyton Manning mess

Post by particra » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 am

I think he would have to die for them put him on IR, and then it wouldn't happen until after Week 6 because they would just put him on the PUP first.

nolencole

Peyton Manning mess

Post by nolencole » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:47 am

....does a NFL player still get his Salary while he's on workmans comp. 90 mil. 18 million a year and taking it knowing he had issues.

Peyton and Albert did go to same college, UT...must have a hell of a business school.
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

jimchristie

Peyton Manning mess

Post by jimchristie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am

Personally, the only Colt I even considered was Dallas Clark because the Colts use the TE a lot. I drafted him in one league in the 6th round. No way would I take Peyton Manning before the players Renman mentioned and surely picked a QB before I had to think Manning; why? because neck injuries impact the spine, period.
Unfortunately for us, NFL teams do what they do for the good of their team/situation, not for us Fantasy Football enthusiasts.

renman

Peyton Manning mess

Post by renman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
Renman, remember that the teams don't care at all about fantasy football -- their only object is to win football games, and they WILL withhold information about injuries if they think it helps them win foobtall games. I'm quite happy that they convinced Kerry Collins to come back, because I have R Wayne on one of my teams and his value would have really gone down if the Colts had to go with Curtis Painter. I am aware they don't care about fantasy football (in some ways). But maybe they should. They just had a massive war about how to divide up that billion dollar pie. If you removed fantasy football from the world it would PROFOUNDLY impact ratings, NFL web traffic, sponsorship sales and everything connected to the NFL that drives revenue.

Maybe they should care about fantasy football more. The reality is they truly do care in certain ways. Ever see how much they promote fantasy football on TV via NFL.com? All I am saying is the hiding of information is ridiculous.

KenGill

Peyton Manning mess

Post by KenGill » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Agree and you are right. The NFL does care to some degree about FF. But the coaches don't.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

renman

Peyton Manning mess

Post by renman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Toxic,

I know. You are right. Just saying the NFL should recognize the power and revenue generating value of fantasy football and require their league be more up front about player circumstances instead of this nebulous game playing that has gone on for years.

kingofbeers

Peyton Manning mess

Post by kingofbeers » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 am

Took Wayne in the 3rd and Manning in the 5th. Why do I feel like I just threw 1500 bucks out the window and the season hasn't even started yet.