NFL Locks Week 6

kjduke

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by kjduke » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:17 am

Ten -6.5 ov Hou. Texans aren't good enough to stop both Brown and McNair. Easy double-digit win for the Titans.

Pit +3 ov Dal. Pit offense is on a roll, Dal has disappointed againt weaker teams. Too much talent to overcome, Dal will lose straight up while the offense gets booed at home.

NYJ -10 ov SF. Lot of pts for an NFL game, but the Jets line up against a soft D for the first time in a few weeks. They'll run it up early.

richieprimo

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by richieprimo » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:15 am

Guys...count me in for the handicapping contest. I use www.betonsports.com as my "legal" betting source. I make my WIP610 radio station picks based on the lines posted in Friday's Phila. Daily News. Whatever book you guys decide to use for the lines is fine with me. Here are my picks for this week. I don't have the time right now to get into details, but here goes:

Titans - 6 1/2 over Houston....easy one.

Raiders + 1 1/2 over Denver...Collins connects with the young core of WR for a few long ones and the Silver and Black come out on top.

Seahawks + 4 over NE...Yep, this is NOT a typo. The line smells like bad fish and Vegas is begging me to jump on the Seahawks. This looks like a...one game losing streak for the Pats.

Primo
(formerly Swearengen)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by richieprimo » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:16 am

Nnoy...I'll take that hook on the Seattle line if I can find it. :cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Walla Walla

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:12 am

Nnoy, Only a fool would try to pick teams week to week. A true wise guy will pick when the times right. Could be two weeks in a row or it could be no action for 6 weeks. By posting your picks each week your proving to be a fool. No suprise to the rest of us though.

KW3

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by KW3 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:21 am

Primo....I like SEA too. SEA won't even need the points. I think they win the game.

dgamblnman

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by dgamblnman » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:44 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Nnoy, Only a fool would try to pick teams week to week. A true wise guy will pick when the times right. Could be two weeks in a row or it could be no action for 6 weeks. By posting your picks each week your proving to be a fool. No suprise to the rest of us though. Um Walla, this is for fun, if you don't want to join, then don't. I know there are weeks where a good pick may be hard to come by, but this is more like a pissing contest. And we're doing for fun, is that a problem?

KW3

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by KW3 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:45 am

I thought this guy was joking. If not, than what's your problem with this Walla Walla?

FFMadMan

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by FFMadMan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:28 am

Here's a few winners from some other games of the day:

Can the Browns really be favored over anyone? I'll take the Pepto Bismol and the Bengals (+3) coming off a bye.

Sticking with the bye theme, I'll take the desperate Chiefs (-2.5) over the suddenly shaken Jaguars D (now minus a DE).

Home dogs are dangerous, especially when they are desperate for a W. Look for Horn to break out 2 cell phones as the Saints(+3.5) expose the shameful Vikings D and win outright 34-31.

Tip of the week - Watch UAB in the college games(potent and not closely followed)

Route Collectors

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:43 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Nnoy, Only a fool would try to pick teams week to week. A true wise guy will pick when the times right. Could be two weeks in a row or it could be no action for 6 weeks. By posting your picks each week your proving to be a fool. No suprise to the rest of us though. Walla
What's the point in all this. The real problem on a public MB with people you don't really know is - you think you really know them! :confused:

Don't you have people in your local league that smack talk more abrasively than alot of owners on this forum. I know I do, and the reason it's not a problem is we NEVER make it personal. You're probably a good guy, maybe even a family man that has lots of friends. I'll bet the same is true about NNOY. Don't make the mistake of letting a faceless monitor lure you into false judgements. ;) I made the same mistake early on :( with Gekko but I've found him to be a :cool: guy with lots of FF savvy.

Just a friendly word from a faceless competitor

nnoy

NFL Locks Week 6

Post by nnoy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:02 am

Originally posted by KW3:
Primo....I like SEA too. SEA won't even need the points. I think they win the game. Everyone picking SEA today will be exposed as the frauds they really are (as will SEA). Don’t believe the hype, NE will steamroll those guys.