Lets hear the experts debate which draft positions are best and why.

El Diablo

Post by El Diablo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:39 pm

Excellent point. I didnt think of that, and will keep my fingers crossed.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:39 pm

Originally posted by El Diablo:
Excellent point. I didnt think of that, and will keep my fingers crossed. The affected games are over; no injury to LJ or SA...you're OK.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 am

I see many people talking about how picks 4-maybe 9 are similar or the same and if you can't get one of the big 3, wanting to be slotted on the back side of the board. But are you guys mainly talking about the first and second rounds? There are 16 other rounds and they are not easily predicted.

I personally feel once we get past the first 3 rounds people start taking players they personally like and want more than specifically following player or adp lists. Owners will also start making reaches when they start having to look at the roster they are building and make sure bye weeks are managed correctly.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:27 am

Originally posted by renman:
I see many people talking about how picks 4-maybe 9 are similar or the same and if you can't get one of the big 3, wanting to be slotted on the back side of the board. But are you guys mainly talking about the first and second rounds? There are 16 other rounds and they are not easily predicted.

I personally feel once we get past the first 3 rounds people start taking players they personally like and want more than specifically following player or adp lists. Owners will also start making reaches when they start having to look at the roster they are building and make sure bye weeks are managed correctly. My belief is there are 18 rounds, not 16. That said, I am still not happy with my pick 13. I will go way out of my ordinary plan of attack to see what I can do from that draft position.

Pete

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:52 am

dawg,

I know there are 18 rounds. My point is there are 16 OTHER rounds after the first two and most people judge their draft position from what they can get with their first two picks. After that things kind of blend and players are taken by owners who want them at times regardless of where or what round.

Snake,

I do see an advantage in the first 3 picks. Who doesn't?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:11 am

Originally posted by El Diablo:
After 2 years of picking 6th and 7th i am very happy to get my 1st choice and will be picking 3rd. Or in other words i will be letting the first 2 teams make my pick for me! wondering now if that was the right move? My thoughts were a slight drop off in talent at about 27-28 picks in. I am also pleased to not be in the same league as some of u guys like King of Queens , Eddie G , and even u Snake! I mean that respectfully guys. Though i am lookin foward to seeing all , especially your pink bandana Snake! By the way this is Midas Mike with a new name . Good luck and c u guys Saturday. Congrats on getting a Top 3 pick, Mike. Any "sharks" in your league this year?

El Diablo

Post by El Diablo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:14 am

Not that i know of KoQ , but i'm sure they r there , lurking. I do see Richie Primo and Applman from our year 1 league , so that will bring back a little rivalry. C u at the draft.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:10 pm

By the way this is Midas Mike with a new name . [/QB]I guess now Team Chicago can start saying El Diablo stiffed us on pizza money and not Midas Mike! :rolleyes:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:32 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote: By the way this is Midas Mike with a new name . I guess now Team Chicago can start saying El Diablo stiffed us on pizza money and not Midas Mike! :rolleyes: [/QB][/QUOTE]the web sure has some bizarre things...

Q