Quitting

sportsbettingman

Quitting

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:09 am

Who's the better team manager?

Team A scores 98, 115, 188, 107.

Team B scores 124, 138, 121, 122

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Raiders

Quitting

Post by Raiders » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:15 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Who's the better team manager?

Team A scores 98, 115, 188, 107.

Team B scores 124, 138, 121, 122

~Lance Team A - Is 1-3 and has more total points than Team B.

Team B 0 Is 3-1 if those two teams played each other every week. Has a couple of less points then Team A.

In a point system which NFFC is Team A is better by a couple of points.
Lance you like HTH, is my guess.

sportsbettingman

Quitting

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:38 am

Yes Raiders, I love H2H.

Just think of how many teams could be OUT of it after 3 weeks with bad scores in a points only league.

Now think how many would quit.

Now think of how many would return to play again.

Most of the H2H bashers are NOT leading their league in points, and are relying on dead teams beating top record teams so they can get in via H2H record...ironic.

Beating down the system that keeps the most folks involved is just bizarre to me.

You'd have prize pools like those rinky-dink competitions if you went to points only. There's a reason for the H2H guys...it's the most popular system. If you guys have what it takes...you'll cruise to the playoffs with points...why worry who else gets there via slot machine luck?

~Lance (Unreal how much whining goes on this time of year.)

[ November 13, 2007, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Raiders

Quitting

Post by Raiders » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:43 am

Yes Raiders, I love H2H.

Just think of how many teams could be OUT of it after 3 weeks with bad scores.

Most of the H2H bashers are NOT leading their league in points, and are relying on dead teams beating top record teams so they can get in via H2H record...ironic.

Beating down the system that keeps the most folks involved is just bizarre to me.

You'd have prize pools like those rinky-dink competitions if you went to points only. There's a reason for the H2H guys...it's the most popular system. If you guys have what it takes...you'll cruise to the playoffs with points...why worry who else gets there via slot machine luck?

~Lance (Unreal how much whining goes on this time of year.)

~Lance Love HTH as well. I cashed a check last year because of it. :D
Agree. See my post on 'New rule for next year'
Would like to know what you think?

[ November 13, 2007, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

sportsbettingman

Quitting

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:45 am

Yup.

...and POINTS being the tie breaker for teams with same record is another HUGE advantage for high point scoring teams.

It's not like these crappy scoring teams are going 9-1.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

joetreff

Quitting

Post by joetreff » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:00 am

4 teams got mathmatically elmininated because of the gift win, that can't make it fun...

I LOVE the idea of having STATS automatically switch out Bye week guys for the top average on your bench on Tuesday.

Nutty Scrat

Quitting

Post by Nutty Scrat » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:09 am

Yes Raiders, I love H2H.

Just think of how many teams could be OUT of it after 3 weeks with bad scores in a points only league.

~Lance (Unreal how much whining goes on this time of year.) Lance. I'm with you H2H is the only way to go. Even though I suck (LOL) for the most part in the NFFC at least with H2H it keeps my interest. On my Main Event team I had L. Coles, M. Harrison, J. Walker and J. Cutler all hurt this year which totally screws me for total points but at least H2H I got a shot to win each week. Even though I'm fighting not to me Mr. Irrelevant this year H2H keeps my interest in play each week. Scoring 200 points for 3 weeks and just averaging 110 the remainder of the season doesn't mean you should come in first if you have the best total points in your league. These are just numbers but I think people get my drift.

Just my opinion. I do see the argument for total points but don't particularly agree with it.

Anyway. Back to preparing for draft 2008. Less than one year and counting! :D
Ed