Draft Process: Are You In Favor Of A Change?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:48 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i told greg this in a private e-mail. why would greg decide against BBDS? if the system is far superior to the existing system, won't it benefit the nffc in the long-run...no matter what a handful of anti-BBDS MB bloke say? Why would Greg decide against any of your suggestions, gekko? I'm sure he realizes they're all just as ingenious as the BBDS. :rolleyes:
For Players. By Players.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:50 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
EVERY owner wins with BBDS. you haven't figured that out yet?

I LOVE THIS STATEMENT!!!!!!!

The person who is outbid 13 times WILL NOT WIN

Think about this, more than one person could end up with thier least favorite position... hmmmmm the person who is outbid 13 times can only blame themselves, but will also start with more free agent dollars than every other owner. again, the market will decide allocation of resources, just like it does for FA and in the real world phil.
[/QUOTE]GG you said and I quote "EVERY owner wins with BBDS." I will ask again.... does a person who is outbid 13 times a winner????? Yes or No will surfice, again only if your capable.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:56 pm

i told greg this in a private e-mail. why would greg decide against BBDS? if the system is far superior to the existing system, won't it benefit the nffc in the long-run...no matter what a handful of anti-BBDS MB bloke say?

again, i haven't seen one top gamer voice his opinion against the BBDS system.

1 - Its only your opinion that it is superior
2 - there is more than a handful against it
3 - there is no majority for it (if you can't figure it out, it's total entries divided by 2)
4 - I am a top gamer, and what is my opinion about this subject????

Superpion

Post by Superpion » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:33 pm

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
EVERY owner wins with BBDS. you haven't figured that out yet?

I LOVE THIS STATEMENT!!!!!!!

The person who is outbid 13 times WILL NOT WIN

Think about this, more than one person could end up with thier least favorite position... hmmmmm the person who is outbid 13 times can only blame themselves, but will also start with more free agent dollars than every other owner. again, the market will decide allocation of resources, just like it does for FA and in the real world phil.
[/QUOTE]GG you said and I quote "EVERY owner wins with BBDS." I will ask again.... does a person who is outbid 13 times a winner????? Yes or No will surfice, again only if your capable.
[/QUOTE]The question has not been posed to me so I am taking some liberties here but I will say that a person who is outbid 13 times still emerges a winner in the BBDS system. Why? Because, he presumably didn't bid anything on his 14th choice (if he had a clue) and others in the league presumably bid SOMETHING, if not a lot of free agent $$$$$$ to get their preferred slots. Therefore, the person who is outbid 13 times and get his 14th preferred choice still emerges a winner b/c he enters the season with the most free agent $$$$ to work with. If he doesn't like that outcome, then he can only kick himself for not bidding more on the spots that he wanted. If you ask me, this person probably would fall under the category of someone who thought he could win from anywhere and STRATEGICALLY accepted that he would get a less (perceived) desirable drafting slot.

This does not sound like a bad thing to me.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:05 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
It wasn't in the quote on the previous page that you highlighted. you must be going blind by jerking off too much. page 8, second post from the bottom. thanks.

[ October 29, 2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:11 pm

To answer your question, FAs are not even being discussed so it is irelevant and a pretty stupid question.... next just like i thought. wussed out.

FA are resources EXACTLY like draft slots are. the same principles apply. blind bidding for FA and blind bidding for draft slots.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:13 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Why would Greg decide against any of your suggestions, gekko? I'm sure he realizes they're all just as ingenious as the BBDS. :rolleyes: what ones would you vote for/against? thanks
1. BBDS
2. league playoff
3. add one roster spot for the playoff weeks

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:15 pm

GG you said and I quote "EVERY owner wins with BBDS." I will ask again.... does a person who is outbid 13 times a winner????? Yes or No will surfice, again only if your capable. YES. thanks again.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:18 pm

1 - Its only your opinion that it is superior
2 - there is more than a handful against it
3 - there is no majority for it (if you can't figure it out, it's total entries divided by 2)
4 - I am a top gamer, and what is my opinion about this subject???? 1 - wrong. the system is far superior to random draft slots
2 - can you name the people? if so, please do so. thanks.
3 - again, name the people against it. there have been around 10 new MB signups since greg put the poll out.
4 - you tell me what your opinion is. since you said you are a top gamer. what are your accomplishments. double thanks.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:19 pm

Originally posted by Superpion:
The question has not been posed to me so I am taking some liberties here but I will say that a person who is outbid 13 times still emerges a winner in the BBDS system. Why? Because, he presumably didn't bid anything on his 14th choice (if he had a clue) and others in the league presumably bid SOMETHING, if not a lot of free agent $$$$$$ to get their preferred slots. Therefore, the person who is outbid 13 times and get his 14th preferred choice still emerges a winner b/c he enters the season with the most free agent $$$$ to work with. If he doesn't like that outcome, then he can only kick himself for not bidding more on the spots that he wanted. If you ask me, this person probably would fall under the category of someone who thought he could win from anywhere and STRATEGICALLY accepted that he would get a less (perceived) desirable drafting slot.

This does not sound like a bad thing to me. john - you make great points. maybe you should be the spokesman, and i'll stay in my basement. well done!