NEXT YEAR'S FIRST OVERALL PICK

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
What did he do in his last game? Shawn, you could hop on my back and together, we would gain 150+ against the Broncos. :D [/QUOTE]I think I'll pass on that ride!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
What did he do in his last game? 7

It was 27.8, but it was against DENVER.

You could get 15 points against Denver, Shawn!

EDIT: Posted before I saw Patrick's post.
[/QUOTE]Jones-Drew has scored close to a TD a game in his career. All he needs is the ball!!
[/QUOTE]I agree, but therein lies the problem. For some reason, Del Rio only wants to get him 15 touches a game, when he SHOULD be getting 25.

liquidhippo

Post by liquidhippo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:49 pm

What did he do in his last game? Produced like Patrick Cobbs did in week 6.

MJD has had 2 great weeks and 4 poor ones. Those relying on him as an RB #2 are probably already out of the H2H race. I know I am. If I had the chance to go back and redraft my 2008 teams, no way would I draft him again. Next year if Fred Taylor is gone and he's no longer just a change of pace back....maybe.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:58 pm

Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:

MJD has had 2 great weeks and 4 poor ones. Those relying on him as an RB #2 are probably already out of the H2H race. I know I am. If I had the chance to go back and redraft my 2008 teams, no way would I draft him again. Next year if Fred Taylor is gone and he's no longer just a change of pace back....maybe.
[/QUOTE]What did you expect from him? He's averaging 14.8 points per game. Are you telling me you would be a contender if you was scoring 20 a game. It sounds like you more problems than the 30 points total he hasn't scored.

I have him down for 3 Td's this week!

liquidhippo

Post by liquidhippo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:04 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:

[/QUOTE]What did you expect from him? He's averaging 14.8 points per game. Are you telling me you would be a contender if you was scoring 20 a game. It sounds like you more problems than the 30 points total he hasn't scored.

I have him down for 3 Td's this week!
[/QUOTE]Average points don't count in H2H matchups, only particular points, and he's been particularly bench worthy 2/3rds of the time.

Yes, my team's problems go beyond MJD(ie. other bums such as LT, Roy Williams), but that's not the main point. The point is to rip on MJD!

:)

I expected him to be better than bench material 4 of the 6 weeks. I wasted a 2nd round pick on a bench warmer, at least that's what it feels like sometimes. Just seems like almost every time I start him, I've got another RB or flex option on my bench scoring two or three times as many points. I should have taken a WR instead. Equal or better RB's were available many rounds later. I suppose the same could be said of LT.

So 3 TD's this week eh? Should I bench LT and plug in MJD?

[ October 21, 2008, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Liquid Hippo ]