Ryan Grant Done for Year

Tom Kessenich

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I'm wondering if someone like James Davis would make sense for the Pack? With Harrison/Hillis/Hardesty, seems like Davis is expendable. And he looks pretty decent to me?! Not sure how Mangini feels about Davis. He doesn't seem to trust Harrison. That's extremely evident by the Hardesty pick and Hillis starting in Week 1. So maybe he likes having Davis around as insurance.

The tricky thing here is the Packers have zero leverage. If there's a young RB they like such as Davis they may have to pay through the nose to get him - and it would be absolutely astonishing if Thompson gave up a quality draft pick to get a RB. If he wouldn't part with one to get Randy Moss or Tony Gonzalez, it's extremely difficult to believe he'd part with one to get any of the RBs who may be available.

I think the Packers will sink or swim with Jackson. They added Nance from the Falcons today and have Starks coming off the PUP list after Week 6. I think Thompson will stick with that group barring another injury or unless Jackson flops.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Scary to think they're 1 injury from Kuhn. Jackson is bad enough. If TT doesn't make a move, the Pack are SUNK right now IMO.

This isn't a luxury move, but rather survival for their season.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Packers considered signing Willie Parker but (smartly in my opinion) passed.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sabretooth

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Please take Lynch out of the crowded Bills backfield pack!

Erok

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Erok » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:48 pm

1. Brandon Jackson is below average RB. Good 3rd down back, nothing more. Pack has to and will make a move in the next couple of weeks IMO.

2. If the Pack deal for Julius Jones, they will then have one below average back and one horrible back.

3. Wonder why GB didnt try to get Maroney today??????????? That fit may have worked.

rkulaski

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by rkulaski » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:23 pm

[/QB]
All of this is going to make blind bidding for Jackson VERY interesting this week. [/QB]Once again, because the benches are so deep, I highly doubt Brandon Jackson is available in any leagues. Not even the 12-teamers. I'd love to know how many leagues he's available in...