First Impressions of the NFFC Primetime

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Maybe consider ADDING a WCOFF-flavored Primetime IN ADDITION to the existing NFFC Primetime? But changing playoffs to H2H might gain new customers at the expense of existing. True, the net effect of just morphing the current Primetime might mean more profits, but it also removes an event that perhaps many longtime NFFC members still enjoy. Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm not sure why anyone is talking in past tense like a Primetime decision has been made for 2012.
That entire quote is pretty much ALL future tense, no?

[ September 21, 2011, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I guess if it's the Primetime's destiny to morph into a more honest version of the WCOFF, then so be it. As long as the Classic maintains its role, we'll have a choice. I know where my preference lies. I agree.

My main concern is that the Classic turns into a small, niche contest seen as a curiosity and played only by diehards with only a small prize payout.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I guess if it's the Primetime's destiny to morph into a more honest version of the WCOFF, then so be it. As long as the Classic maintains its role, we'll have a choice. I know where my preference lies. I agree.

My main concern is that the Classic turns into a small, niche contest seen as a curiosity and played only by diehards with only a small prize payout.
[/QUOTE]If the features we currently offer in our games are as well accepted as everyone says, then that should never happen. I think we've also added a lot of new die-hard fantasy players who if given the chance to play the 14-team Classic format on the second weekend would join the fun. I believe the Classic still can be very relevant in 2012 and beyond and I have a few changes in mind that will make that happen.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:

[/QUOTE]If the features we currently offer in our games are as well accepted as everyone says, then that should never happen. I think we've also added a lot of new die-hard fantasy players who if given the chance to play the 14-team Classic format on the second weekend would join the fun. I believe the Classic still can be very relevant in 2012 and beyond and I have a few changes in mind that will make that happen.
[/QUOTE]That's nice to hear, Greg. Please never let this baby die!

For me, it's what makes the NFFC special. While I view the FFPC as trustworthy with many great players, I spent 100% of my fantasy dollars in NFFC contests primarily because of the 14 team format.

If the NFFC became a "me too" contest by minimizing 3RR, KDS, and 14 team leagues by relegating them into small payout formats, then the NFFC would lose much of it's appeal to long time customers.

Thanks for so openly soliciting these opinions. I also want to reiterate that the main reason that the NFFC does well is not necessarily the formats, but the unmatched customer service. Keep that up and you'll always have me as a customer for life.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 pm

While we are discussing 2012, are you considering going to only one weekend and dropping Labor Day weekend from the slate?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Originally posted by DiamondKing:
I am not a fan of 3RR.But,I would like to see KDS take the next step.Pull names one at a time. AMENDED here - players get a draft table, don't get to choose - go there and then choose their draft slot the morning of the event. WINNER - SDSU&D

Can you imagine the excitement at the individual league tables?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
While we are discussing 2012, are you considering going to only one weekend and dropping Labor Day weekend from the slate? We can't host all of the events I'd like to host in one weekend, so the short answer is no. The long answer is that it won't look like this year's schedule of events, though. A mix of two weekends and the days before the second weekend of live drafts is very possible.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:56 pm

I think you have two very different sides.

Seems many many like the format as it stands and many think that the league can grow with some changes.

I know that Greg and Tom will do what they feel is in the best interest for everyone, including themselves.

I wonder if you could have three leagues:

NFFC 14 team classic
NFFC primetime with 13 weeks
NFFC primetime with playoffs

However I think both prime times can merge together for an ultimate prize (250,000) during weeks 14-16.

Could be a logistic nightmare, but why not?

The NFFC classic would stay as it is with no changes.

The NFFC primetime h2h would have kds and 3rr

The NFFC primetime playoffs would get early draft spots

Just an idea but boy everyone would get the best of all worlds.

Plus maybe they have drafts for all three both labor day weekend and NFL first weekend.

Damn this would be a dream come true.

I am guessing the software could accommodate this as satellites all have different rules.

I am loving the talk and the fact Tom and Greg are listening to everyone.

I am very impressed with the nffc and its' players.

[ September 21, 2011, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master