AGon's draft spots in NY....
3-7, 3-3, 4-3, 3-6, 3-13, 4-1, 4,6

Chicago
3-9, 3-7, 3-11, 3-6

Las Vegas
4-2, 2-13, 4-10, 4-5, 3-12, 3-12

Phone/Online
4-3, 4-2, 4-3, 4-9, 4-8

[/QUOTE]Do the exact same thing with Darren McFadden. Does this make him a top 50 player as well? :confused:
[/QUOTE]I'll pass on doing it for McFadden if that's OK.

In my opinion, McFadden is not a top 50 player and therefore I did not target him this year. However, if he was chosen top 50 in all or most of the drafts, then he would be a "consensus" top 50 pick. I myself don't decide these things, just as you don't. I'm sure there are several owners I "respect" who did choose McFadden top 50.
The season will play out and we'll find out if they are correct or if you and I are correct.

The problem facing the AGonz owners is they won't have the opportunity to have the season play out and find out if they were correct. That choice was made for them by a slip on the turf. Maybe that's why you should give us our one very short moment to "whimper" as you put it.

Glenn

Glenneration X

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Ouch ... wow ... such harsh words (and so generalized too).

He was in my top 50 (and I did take him once in the third round). I have him on 3 NFFC teams this year.

I also had (and lost) Brady on an NFFC team last year (BTW ... still won first place in that league despite losing Brady).

I still plan on winning in the NFFC without AG.

You may not respect me as a FF player ... but we have cashed in 50% of our live events and taken first in 33% of our live events over the last 5 years. How are you doing over those same 5 years?

Just curious?

Big Mike mike - people like dennis are just there to fan the flame. let him go before he gets under your skin.

if you are curious about his credentials just go to lifetime standings and look for dennis cassidy :eek:
[/QUOTE]Hey Mark, Mike....I'm sure Dennis has some "injury excuse" for his finishes... ;)

Glenn

renman

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by renman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:53 am

On a side-note, we should be allowed to vent about fantasy football frustrations here without it being considered whining. Whether it be injury, or a talented player under performing (schaub) or being mis used (Ginn) or shooting himself (Burress)... it still is frustrating and sometimes it is nice to vent.

I even started a "bad beats thread" here last year or the year before that was similar to one at the World Series of Poker where people could go and pay 50 cents to vent about their bad beat. It actually was a popular thread and was interesting (even therapudic) to read. We all get frustrated with things that go on with our teams and when you get reminded that it is happening to almost everyone else you feel better.

[ September 14, 2009, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

botherk

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by botherk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 am

I don't know whether Gonzalez' injury happened within 20 minutes after game time or not. But a few years ago I played in a "mulligan" league. Any player can call the commish and make a lineup change for one player, up to 20 minutes AFTER the game started.
I know most of us are purists and would hate the idea now, but it was a good league. At the time we didn't have 'inactive' reports before games and the mulligan was installed to help teams from getting zero's.
Of course, other teams benefitted as well if they saw a guy on their bench score a td within 20 minutes. Again, I am NOT advocating this, it just would have been a good league to be in at the time for Gonzalez owners.

[ September 14, 2009, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

mikeybok

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:58 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Do the exact same thing with Darren McFadden. Does this make him a top 50 player as well? :confused: Yes ... mathematically so in the NFFC. Otherwise we would be saying "my top 50" IMO.
Hakuna Matata!

pizzatyme

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
We all hold are breath and cross are fingers all day Sunday , hoping no one gets injured

If you can't deal with the injuries , I heard Yahoo is starting a Fantasy Chess league.
Amen to point #1.

I'll challenge any NFFC participant to a Chess match. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Team Legacy

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 am

Anytime you count on a player like Anthony Gonzalez to be your #1 WR, you're taking a HUGE risk. Regardless of his projections (which mine are inline with Mark's) if he goes down with injury, you're saying that your NEW #1 WR is going to be on par with a Santana Moss/Derek Mason type.

If you "go for broke" with this strategy, you're really advancing either your QB or your RB3, so you're getting an advantage somewhere, but taking a ton of risk at the WR position. Personally, it's not usually a risk I'm willing to take when spending this type of cash. So while this injury is going to hurt your chances to win, it's not the injury that hurts. It's the decision to overlook the WR position and gamble that might cost you.

Full disclaimer, I drafted AGonzo as my WR2 in the primetime league behind Steve Smith.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Team Legacy

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
We all hold are breath and cross are fingers all day Sunday , hoping no one gets injured

If you can't deal with the injuries , I heard Yahoo is starting a Fantasy Chess league.
Amen to point #1.

I'll challenge any NFFC participant to a Chess match. :D
[/QUOTE]Come over anytime Russ. I'll have the board and the coffee ready!

[ September 14, 2009, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

GOD Loves You

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:25 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Do the exact same thing with Darren McFadden. Does this make him a top 50 player as well? :confused: Yes ... mathematically so in the NFFC. Otherwise we would be saying "my top 50" IMO. [/QUOTE]I'm talking more about REALITY than ADP.

Simply because there's at least one owner in every league who overvalues a player doesn't make him a "Top whatever" in my book.

Every season there are players who are extremely overvalued, doesn't mean they are good, it means too many people bought the hype.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

mikeybok

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:27 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Anytime you count on a player like Anthony Gonzalez to be your #1 WR, you're taking a HUGE risk. Regardless of his projections (which mine are inline with Mark's) if he goes down with injury, you're saying that your NEW #1 WR is going to be on par with a Santana Moss/Derek Mason type.

If you "go for broke" with this strategy, you're really advancing either your QB or your RB3, so you're getting an advantage somewhere, but taking a ton of risk at the WR position. Personally, it's not usually a risk I'm willing to take when spending this type of cash. So while this injury is going to hurt your chances to win, it's not the injury that hurts. It's the decision to overlook the WR position and gamble that might cost you.

Full disclaimer, I drafted AGonzo as my WR2 in the primetime league behind Steve Smith. Funny you pick those players ... I have SSmith, Ag and Mason on my main event team ... did we suck at WR yesterday ... or what!
Hakuna Matata!